Showcase - October 8-10, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raw D. Real nice sample, but like Skid said, I think the vocals in the sample are too much for an emcee to ride. but you never know, with the right emcee it could work still. A dope standalone beat regardless, could just keep it an instrumental.

Skid. Chaka Zulu. Im not sure about the way you chopped this, it sounds cool once the beat and bassline drop, but it sounds messy in the intro. I think it needs something more to inject some energy into it. As it goes on I like some of the variation, and recognise some of the reason sounds there.

Diablo ft Protoge - Inna No Informer

Ronzo

mind aswell post the beat here ;p

^^

Damn dude, this beat is really well-made. Sounds like you have a lot of experience under your belt. I see everyone saying that there's not enough space for the vocalist, and I agree, but I think it can be an easy fix. Just make the verse and the hook really distinguishable from each other so there's no confusion. When you have that, it's really easy for the vocal sample to not get in the way. Really, though, props on the mixing. What sound editor do you use?

This is a sample of some of my rap music. I'm one half of the newly established crew Dopamine Knights. Tell me what you think!

Dopamine Knights - Messiah Flow

Ronzo

Raw D. Real nice sample, but like Skid said, I think the vocals in the sample are too much for an emcee to ride. but you never know, with the right emcee it could work still. A dope standalone beat regardless, could just keep it an instrumental.

Skid. Chaka Zulu. Im not sure about the way you chopped this, it sounds cool once the beat and bassline drop, but it sounds messy in the intro. I think it needs something more to inject some energy into it. As it goes on I like some of the variation, and recognise some of the reason sounds there.

Diablo ft Protoge - Inna No Informer

I like this beat, the rappers sound comfortable over it. The reggae sound is cool too, the only problem is that it's hard for me to hear the rappers. It might be because of his delivery, but it's probably not a huge issue. Just something that I notice off the bat. The hook is catchy, and the whole thing sounds crisp.

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
@raw-D - This is fresh, I appreciate the mixing. Good sample choice & energy. Well done.

@skidflow - (chaka zulu)I am just being picky but those second long gaps at the beginning of records always bugs me, export it again. Not a bad instrumental but the snare could be tuned up some more & mixed in better, same with the hi hat. I could hear a rapper over this but it would need to change up, you got a loop looping hella times with no action. (shine on) Same thing with the drums, they need to be mixed in better. The chops are nice but bring all that up in the mix & throw in some breakdowns & shit into your beats more often.

@2good - This is what I've come to expect, which is a good thing because its always quality, although your sound leans towards club jams & dance grooves, I can tell you're executing what you set out to do, and you do it well.
I would be interested to hear more music without vocals on it.

@Ronzo - Not sure if you made the beat or rapped, or both...But the vocals need to be mixed way smoother, the emcee has potential & I'm usually not one to say that. The beat is nice but doesnt stand out a whole lot, probably because the emcee was turned waaaay the fuck up. Keep it up though.

RAW-D

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 41
@skid - both of the drums are dope.
i find the drums of chaka zulu a lil better cuz its more bangin.
the sample of shine on is dope, u could have done a lil better with the mixing on chaka zulu tho, just doesnt seem right in my headphones ^^
that said, u did a good job on both of them, even tho the first one isnt really my thing. it still sounds good.

@2good - not sure what i need to give feedback on but
the beat sounds dope as fuq, the rapper is dope aswell.
im not really into the reggae sound, but people who like that, would prob love this track.

@ronzo - yea what medl4 said, the vocal is too hard on the beat. should be a lil down.
its still a banger tho. the beat is dope, them drums are sick.
the track just sounds dope, keep that ish up bro!

@medl4 - it sounds a bit fast for some reason, but its still a nice instrumental.
the drums are dope, i should have gone for an other snare tho.
but yeah, i still like it. good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online