Showcase - October 9-11, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
got my first mic set up, this is the first full song that weve done so far... any feedback would be nice, very new to recording and all this....

http://soundcloud.com/jusripe/yellow-secrets-gambit-jusrip

appreciated if u listened through to the end i got some movie samples thrown in there later in the beat, thanks ILLfam

The 1st dud is really monotone, and sounds like hes reading it. His delivery is really boxed in. Same for the 2nd except he has some energy, still monotone and sound like hes reading

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
got my first mic set up, this is the first full song that weve done so far... any feedback would be nice, very new to recording and all this....

http://soundcloud.com/jusripe/yellow-secrets-gambit-jusrip

appreciated if u listened through to the end i got some movie samples thrown in there later in the beat, thanks ILLfam

I suggest you get a good vocal strip. Since u guys sound like you're just starting to rhyme bring the vox up more in the mix. Don't wait, start memorizing your lyrics before you put anything out to the public. It's ok for u to drop something down so you can use it to memorize your lyrics but until you get your delivery up I wouldn't put anything out to the masses.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@HD- not my style of hiphop, but real nice sounds, id say maybe on that wild wild west song the kick coulda been filtered lower or compressed more or something it just seemed to empty. but i like the sounds keep it up

@LDB- thanks for the advice, im just gunna listen to this one a hundred time and try again. appreciate it

HDProduction

ill o.g.
@HD- not my style of hiphop, but real nice sounds, id say maybe on that wild wild west song the kick coulda been filtered lower or compressed more or something it just seemed to empty. but i like the sounds keep it up

@LDB- thanks for the advice, im just gunna listen to this one a hundred time and try again. appreciate it
thanks for the feedback

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I suggest you get a good vocal strip. Since u guys sound like you're just starting to rhyme bring the vox up more in the mix. Don't wait, start memorizing your lyrics before you put anything out to the public. It's ok for u to drop something down so you can use it to memorize your lyrics but until you get your delivery up I wouldn't put anything out to the masses.

this is really awesome advice...it makes such a huge difference in your performance...i used to always do scratch vox, listen to it for a week, and then go in and kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online