Showcase - September 2-8, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my first attempt at producing a Hiphop beat / instrumental. I'm more into metal and heavy music, so I thought this would be a fun break from that. Please leave any constructive feedback and advice you have! Preferably toward levels, mixing, and master, as to I'm trying to teach myself that too. One thing thing I don't like after finishing it last week are the bass sound and level of it ( I think it's too loud and wanted more of a trap sound) and wish I would have done more with the melody and layered more drum sounds.

THIS is pretty sick. I'm still learning how to Level and mix, and also have trouble getting my kick and snare to cut through like that. Any advice?
I have found people all have a different technique and its what you want to bring out on a track. For instance, i love snares sticking out mostly more than other instruments for some reason. I woul bring the snare up and layer it with another snare in the DAW first. Seperate channels as well, but a little reverb on the second snare. I than open up my Ozone and start to master there. I play with alot of mid frequency . Try out Ozone 8, it helps you to master pretty easily.

This is my first attempt at producing a Hiphop beat / instrumental. I'm more into metal and heavy music, so I thought this would be a fun break from that. Please leave any constructive feedback and advice you have! Preferably toward levels, mixing, and master, as to I'm trying to teach myself that too. One thing thing I don't like after finishing it last week are the bass sound and level of it ( I think it's too loud and wanted more of a trap sound) and wish I would have done more with the melody and layered more drum sounds.

I can actually hear the Heavy metal influence here. I reckon use that and incorporate it to trap. Bass is a bit high and kinda muffles the drumming. Loving the melody, got a bit of the EDM trap feel. Keep up the good work, only way one gets better at trap is to keep doing it. Cant wait to hear what you will come up with next. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.