Showcase - September 20-26, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikwen

ILLIEN
"Iron Keys, why don't you post beats no mo'?!"

Ok.

Love the melody. Those "slides" up and down on the keyboard sound great. (Ain't got no better name for that. ^^)

The organ at 0:33 is perfect, and I love the chord progression at 1:04.

Also really solid drums.

No suggestions for improvements from my side. Good job. (y)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Love the melody. Those "slides" up and down on the keyboard sound great. (Ain't got no better name for that. ^^)

The organ at 0:33 is perfect, and I love the chord progression at 1:04.

Also really solid drums.

No suggestions for improvements from my side. Good job. (y)

Thanks, man!

If you like it, you should put a like on the actual beat too, it'll help me out!

I appreciate you.

jameslock

What's up guys,
this is my first trap beat after almost 10 years of producing EDM and dance music. I got inspired by artists such as 24kgoldn and I actually ended up making something that's not that bad, in my opinion. What do you guys think? Honest feedbacks appreciated!

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Iron Keys Nice job brother! I like how you have multiple sections to the song, instead of just looping 1 melody. Mix is solid too. Very nice!

@jameslock Solid work man The mix is very clean and I like the fast paced drums. No criticisms honestly. I can definitely tell that you have an EDM influence. Good work bro!

nikwen

ILLIEN
What's up guys,
this is my first trap beat after almost 10 years of producing EDM and dance music. I got inspired by artists such as 24kgoldn and I actually ended up making something that's not that bad, in my opinion. What do you guys think? Honest feedbacks appreciated!
The EDM influences are definitely there. There's no way to miss them, but those elements actually sound good here.

Often when I hear EDM-inspired trap beats, I don't feel like they could be rapped on. With your beat, however, it's possible. I tried and it worked!

The only criticism from a rapper's perspective is that the mix is quite full at times.

Take the part that starts at 0:10, for example. Lots of stuff going on. There's not much space left for vocals.
The part at 0:33, however, is really, really rap-friendly. It's got plenty of space for vocals.

Usually the rapper wants to feel like the star if they buy your beat. Let them. ;)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Rah.sool - real nice atmosphere in this one. Really like the atmosphere. Things also be crunchy in the right way. Real nice. Multiple uses this beat could have.

@jameslock - sounds like one of those very commercial pop tracks. Could have a female singer on it, and then a commercial style rap on it too. Dunno if only thing I may say is the snare and other perc sound a bit thin, but still kinda work so. Is good work, sounds good.

Appreciate all your feedback - glad you're feeling it. Makes me :)

IamLu

Bo5 Ho6
Somebody get this guy some . Bruh took a good on this one. Keep on pushing brother.
Well, it didn't let me post the memes. So I'll just say it. Get this guy some toilet paper. He took a good s*** on this one. Very nice bro. Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.