Showcase - September 24-30, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigsley

Guess I'll kick it off. I actually remixed the whole American Gangster album but here is one of the remixes I did. All feedback will be returned.

I like this. Love the sample. It’s hard for me to critique something like this because as far as sample choice and all that, its really an individual style thing. The vocals at the end were off key a little, but also kind of not a big deal to me. As long as I’m bobbin my head it’s right with me lol.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@pigsley yeah I wished those vocals weren't there lol tbh I probably got a little impatient with them but to me it seems like they're in key some of the song then off others which is probably wrong but when I was messing with it that's what it felt like so I just left it. Your beat tape was dope. My favorites were 1,4,6, and 10. I'm trying to think of who your style reminds me of on this album but I can't right now because I am a little behind with listening to music instead of making it. But it's a good thing and definitely well put together and creative. I especially love your drums!

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Hi to all, get up early to try and poduce something (because I'm taking this shit seriously now :) ) but before that i want to share my 3 and 4 rounds beats from the last warzone battle.
@Matt-D your remix sounds dope. I like how dynamic is the instrumental with new stuff hapening 4 bars or so. I feel like some of the samples are not connecing nicely like they need to be chopped better or stretched...
@pigsley Hey, congrats to your first beat tape I'm thinking of releasing something like that in the future myself...This has a nice lo-fi feel to it, but some of the beats felt wierd to me, like they were lacking groove or somethin...you have some strange drum paterns, well they are unique for sure. Now "sugar" was my favourite and also "girl" but without the vocals. I would want to hear more beats like these from you.
Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@Matt-D I like it bro. There area few thing off but I am jealous of your remixing skills. It's hard for me to do a quality remix joint. Nice job.

@pigsley I'll do a review of your beat tape when I got alil more time. Probably tonight or something.

@crosstevsky "Life Injection" is decent. Like the bass line. Needs mixed alil better and could use another tone of some sort. But def not bad.
"Pressure" I like better. Kinda dark and that drum is simple yet pretty grimey. Mix could use alil work and again it could use another tone. Real decent tho. Nice work.

pigsley

Here's a new one going on the new beat tape dropping 10/01/2018 called "Circle In A Room Full Of Squares". Hope y'all enjoy. I would like to hear what y'all think.

I definitely like the hi hat that comes in. Nice dark kind of horror movie vibes I get from the track. Lots of room in the mix which I think is good for someone wanting to put vocals over it.

crosstevsky

beats architect
@NONONSENSEBEATS Thanks for the feedback, i guess those two beats are more on the minimalistic side...and yeah mixing can be improved too...
On the other side your mix is very good, like your drum patern with open hats on left and right, maybe the closed hat can be more in the centre, it feels like is out of balance in that section. I'm not huge fan of that childrens chant on which you based your beat, but overall, I like it...

P.S Nice little riser on 0:28

Pete Feels

I made this beat a couple of days ago. I was just messing around with some new sounds I downloaded and decided to do the main melody with the bongos. I think it turned out decent. Let me know what you think.
Feel free to tear my beat to shreds as long as your criticism is constructive. Thanks!

Pete Feels

this is my first beat tape. 16 tracks but only runs like 20 minutes so if you aren’t feelin a track, don’t worry it’s almost over lol. Mix of samples and instruments I play myself. would love y’alls thoughts.

This beat has a nasty groove to it. Also, you can tell the song is going to be lit from the thumbnail lol.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@crosstevsky if I had to pick I think I like "Life Injection" better mainly because I love a catchy bassline so nice work on that. I also love that snare/clap it really gives the beat that pop that it needs to stick out.
@NONONSENSEBEATS I think this is a good beat. You do a great job of not overdoing it and leaving enough space for an artist to get on it and make it still sound clean. No complaints here bro!\
@Pete Feels I like this one because you have everything nice and balanced, nothing is banging to hard or sticks out too much which makes this beat pleasant on the ears and let's the piano work it's magic. Nice Sound

Hey IllMuzik!!

Here's my latest beat! Any feedback is appreciated & will be returned!!

My Feedback:

@Matt-D This is really dope man I could vibe to this.

@pigsley Nice work!! This is one of the coolest things I've heard in awhile keep it up!!

@crosstevsky Both tracks were sounds really cool

@NONONSENSEBEATS I fw this!!! Such a chill wavy vibe that I really enjoyed!!

@Pete Feels That piano sounds dope

crosstevsky

beats architect
@BigSlickBeatz This sounds really professional...Nice melody, drums are solid too...bass sims bit loud at times...on the negative side, I think that if your doing trap you should somehow switch things up...the "market" is oversaturated. Your beat kind of sounds like many others. You should consider adding your flavour to the trap, make it unique...to stand out from the crowd. Or maybe it sells good so you should consider doing it this way. Idk I'm not much of a serious producer...yet, so I don't know. Just my thoughts...

crosstevsky

beats architect
Hey @PlatinumBeats Thanks for your feedback. I don't know you but I'm glad you are doing well now, and getting back to music...Your beats are dope, my favourites are "Astronaut" and "Think bout it". Leaving the Hi hat out is nice decision, it brings more freedom for somenone with more of a free flow to get on it. I will consider that myself for my beats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online