Showcase - September 27 - October 3, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Sole Element Nice job man! This is a very interesting take on the song! Some feedback, I think the instrumental and the 2pac acapella might be slightly out of sync in terms of pitch. Also it seems like the timing of the acapella might be slightly off at times. but other than that great job man.

@jafar4000 Awesome job bro! I really like the sound effects: vocal, sirens, etc. They really add to the ambience of the track. The arrangement here is a little bit confusing, but I think that's what you were going for. You definitely have a very unique style.

Here's my piece for the week. All feedback is much appreciated.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
@Sole Element Nice job man! This is a very interesting take on the song! Some feedback, I think the instrumental and the 2pac acapella might be slightly out of sync in terms of pitch. Also it seems like the timing of the acapella might be slightly off at times. but other than that great job man.

@jafar4000 Awesome job bro! I really like the sound effects: vocal, sirens, etc. They really add to the ambience of the track. The arrangement here is a little bit confusing, but I think that's what you were going for. You definitely have a very unique style.

Here's my piece for the week. All feedback is much appreciated.

Nice intro, 0:10 is where the mood settles, cool 90's vibe. Big fan of the 'thin' synth in the background creating energy. The kick might need a little work, sounding a little 'forced' or unnatural. (When 2 kicks quickly hit after another, the latter always punches through, 'overruling' the first one. To recreate this effect in a DAW, I generally use a bit of velocity and attack on the kick right before the one that has to punch. This gives the kick more bounce and natural sound.)
kick.jpg

The reverb on the drums make them sound a bit hollow. I would cut some of the lows on the reverb to reduce that 'cave' effect (without losing that 90's reverb flavor).

Mix is good, bass goes well with the sample. Overall solid beat.

Keep it up!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@ Sole Element its a good track, but I think you are using WAY to much compression on your mix. It makes your kick not knock at all. Get those drums banging and this will sounds great.

jafar4000 this feels like a good start but I think it needs some more time cooking. It could use a more consistent bass line and maybe a few other elements.

Rah.sool Straight fire, this one is right up my alley. Nice

Mine is a bit of a plug, the record officially comes out on the 29th and here is the first music video for it. Feel free to share on social media. What do you think?

Last edited:

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Nice intro, 0:10 is where the mood settles, cool 90's vibe. Big fan of the 'thin' synth in the background creating energy. The kick might need a little work, sounding a little 'forced' or unnatural. (When 2 kicks quickly hit after another, the latter always punches through, 'overruling' the first one. To recreate this effect in a DAW, I generally use a bit of velocity and attack on the kick right before the one that has to punch. This gives the kick more bounce and natural sound.)
View attachment 6059

The reverb on the drums make them sound a bit hollow. I would cut some of the lows on the reverb to reduce that 'cave' effect (without losing that 90's reverb flavor).

Mix is good, bass goes well with the sample. Overall solid beat.

Keep it up!
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback, i'll try that that kick trick on my next one. Appreciate it bro!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Rah.sool dope beat, just like mentioned above about the drums but other than that everything works.
@thedreampolice this is very professional and is something I would buy. thanks for mentioning that with the drums on my track I fixed it and it sounds much better with the kick boosted.

Last edited:

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Just edited my mix above. @thedreampolice does that kick knock a little better? or is it still too compressed? It sounded alright when I checked it but I was unsure and confused about if I should keep same compression and just boost kick or ease up on compression so the drums hit harder as well as boost which is a situation I always question.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Just edited my mix above. @thedreampolice does that kick knock a little better? or is it still too compressed? It sounded alright when I checked it but I was unsure and confused about if I should keep same compression and just boost kick or ease up on compression so the drums hit harder as well as boost which is a situation I always question.
It says the video is unavailable, can you check the settings? I would be more then happy to give it another listen.

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician
Status
Not open for further replies.