Showcase - September 28-October 4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi Beatz

Battle Points: 10
@Marc Duncan ; Really dig that chill intro piano, but I wasn't feeling the bass that came in. I think some of the bass notes aren't the root notes so it throws it off a bit. The hats are also kinda loud and overpowering, they should be more behind the beat imo. The counter-melody kinda clashes with the main melody since they are played in the same octave so they blend together quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, both melodies are super nice but they just clash. Nice kick and nice perc sounds. The idea is there, the vibe is there, just has the potential to be cleaner.

@Matt-D ; Listened to your first one, and it's cool, sounds very experimental. Not my sorta vibe tbh, but I like the drum sounds - very authentic sounding. That distorted sound that goes really loud, idk I couldn't stand that. Not tryna hate, but I think just the synth sounds, in general, are not for me, even in the 2nd beat you posted. Not sure if you're experimenting here or if this is your style, but you keep doing you!

@Chad : Woah the way the beat came in caught me off guard! Very spooky & dark sounding right off the bat. Drums are fire. I like most of the panning you did, but some things are far too on the right like that talking sample in the beginning ("you are about to witness", could be louder too) and the snare as well is panned too much. Snare gets a bit annoying after a while cause it's so prominent on the right side. I like that brass melody that comes in at :40. Also one small thing, the "Nico" sample, that part after he says "you", it almost sounds like it repeats the "you" again but it sounds chopped and offbeat, I don't think that's supposed to be in there? Ik I'm being a bit nitpicky but it sounds really off. Anyways, pretty solid beat overall!

@Memento Beats : This is fire! I really like how you dropped it with that snare roll, that was clean af. That bass drop before the hi-hats coming in was real nice as well, and then I liked how you half timed the melody after that because the main melody woulda felt too repetitive if it kept going like that which a lot of people tend to do. I wasn't a fan of the crash sound, just was very powerful and loud. Mix & arrangement is very good. That automation you did at 1min and again at 1:50 with it going soft and drowning out the sounds then coming back in with the drums was lit. I just dig how the beat constantly changes up throughout and keeps the listener always interested. Amazing work, keep it up!

@TjombaBeats : Hmm... I think there is too much distortion on the guitar but I guess you were going for this gritty, hard type of vibe based on the drop. I like the panning you got going on in the intro, the drop though was just wayyy too much for me with all the drums coming in like that. Just sounds really messy with everything hitting at once and all over the place. I do like how it eases up after that. which was my favourite part, but then it starts building up and getting louder and more distorted, and then the crazy part with everything coming in happens again and throws off the vibe for me. I feel like this beat has potential and some people might dig the metal sorta vibe to it, but it's too hectic for my preference.

@Face Valid : Super smooth! That piano and flute complement each other so well. Drums are absolutely perfect, really dig all those perc sounds. Bass hits nice but I feel like you coulda taken it further by changing up the notes more, like for the 2nd half of it you coulda made it drop lower or threw in some octave slides at some parts. That part at :52 was sick, I thought it was gonna be a beat switch for a sec haha, still dope tho! I like the change-up at 1:08. Honestly, the beat is really interesting throughout and very well mixed. For that outro, if you put in that concluding last note right at the end that woulda been so satisfying (if you know what I mean), but it's still a good outro. Well done!

Here's my new beat. I tried keeping this one simple to give more room for the artist. Let me know your thoughts!

@Therapy.strumm Definitely what is worth mentioning here is very busy 808 patterns and hihat patterns. I like those little melodies that appear here and there. Nevertheless, those 808 slides and their structure in general is a bit chaotic and when you also have very busy hihats it's a little bit exhausting. So I would advise you to be careful while doing this as it may be too much. Also there could be more variation when it comes to arrangement because I wanted to hear some point where beat is going. You don't have to do much in order to achieve this, all you have to do is just to take something away and add it again later and just play with it. Keep going. :D

@Face Valid That rim click fits nice to the rest of the beat. I like bass here. It's very smooth and round. Melody is good and I like the way you used flute in that beat. It complements that piano in a nice way. However, there is something missing in the background that would glue the rest together. But overall, it's nice. :)
Thanks for the feedback :up2:

@Yogi Beatz - thank's for the feedback - yeah left it unresolved which I know bothers some people! I listened to to Drowning. Really nice. You definitely left lots of space to let the track breathe (and space for artist). I think the production is very warm and ethereal and has a bit of a Noah 40 quality. Like the filtered pad behind the piano, the drums have a nice drag to them which keeps the rhythm very laid back. Also the kick and bass have a nice saturated sound and mesh well together. Can definitely imagine some vocals on this one. Good track!

@Memento Beats - liked the track. The description says hard trap beat but I found it quite relaxing? Don't know if that says more about me! But yeah liked the melody that weaves through the song and the strings support it nicely. It's well put together but I find it hard to visualise someone rapping on it? I think it works well as an instrumental.

@Therapy.strumm So hard but full of feeling. congrats

Thats my 2º try at the sequence of tries making a kinda morden instrumentals. I'm a sample boy, but, I having fun do it diferent! Hope you like!

@AlphaStudart - very cool and different. Liked the sound selections. Kinda reminded me of Outkast meets the Glitch mob. I really liked the marimba sound that comes in at 0.57, really nice and hypnotic. Well mixed track and nice kick sound!

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe><div style="font-size: 10px;

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
@Marc Duncan ; Really dig that chill intro piano, but I wasn't feeling the bass that came in. I think some of the bass notes aren't the root notes so it throws it off a bit. The hats are also kinda loud and overpowering, they should be more behind the beat imo. The counter-melody kinda clashes with the main melody since they are played in the same octave so they blend together quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, both melodies are super nice but they just clash. Nice kick and nice perc sounds. The idea is there, the vibe is there, just has the potential to be cleaner.

@Matt-D ; Listened to your first one, and it's cool, sounds very experimental. Not my sorta vibe tbh, but I like the drum sounds - very authentic sounding. That distorted sound that goes really loud, idk I couldn't stand that. Not tryna hate, but I think just the synth sounds, in general, are not for me, even in the 2nd beat you posted. Not sure if you're experimenting here or if this is your style, but you keep doing you!

@Chad : Woah the way the beat came in caught me off guard! Very spooky & dark sounding right off the bat. Drums are fire. I like most of the panning you did, but some things are far too on the right like that talking sample in the beginning ("you are about to witness", could be louder too) and the snare as well is panned too much. Snare gets a bit annoying after a while cause it's so prominent on the right side. I like that brass melody that comes in at :40. Also one small thing, the "Nico" sample, that part after he says "you", it almost sounds like it repeats the "you" again but it sounds chopped and offbeat, I don't think that's supposed to be in there? Ik I'm being a bit nitpicky but it sounds really off. Anyways, pretty solid beat overall!

@Memento Beats : This is fire! I really like how you dropped it with that snare roll, that was clean af. That bass drop before the hi-hats coming in was real nice as well, and then I liked how you half timed the melody after that because the main melody woulda felt too repetitive if it kept going like that which a lot of people tend to do. I wasn't a fan of the crash sound, just was very powerful and loud. Mix & arrangement is very good. That automation you did at 1min and again at 1:50 with it going soft and drowning out the sounds then coming back in with the drums was lit. I just dig how the beat constantly changes up throughout and keeps the listener always interested. Amazing work, keep it up!

@TjombaBeats : Hmm... I think there is too much distortion on the guitar but I guess you were going for this gritty, hard type of vibe based on the drop. I like the panning you got going on in the intro, the drop though was just wayyy too much for me with all the drums coming in like that. Just sounds really messy with everything hitting at once and all over the place. I do like how it eases up after that. which was my favourite part, but then it starts building up and getting louder and more distorted, and then the crazy part with everything coming in happens again and throws off the vibe for me. I feel like this beat has potential and some people might dig the metal sorta vibe to it, but it's too hectic for my preference.

@Face Valid : Super smooth! That piano and flute complement each other so well. Drums are absolutely perfect, really dig all those perc sounds. Bass hits nice but I feel like you coulda taken it further by changing up the notes more, like for the 2nd half of it you coulda made it drop lower or threw in some octave slides at some parts. That part at :52 was sick, I thought it was gonna be a beat switch for a sec haha, still dope tho! I like the change-up at 1:08. Honestly, the beat is really interesting throughout and very well mixed. For that outro, if you put in that concluding last note right at the end that woulda been so satisfying (if you know what I mean), but it's still a good outro. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online