Showcase - September 3-9, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

csbr

Gardener
Battle Points: 11
New track here just made today;

[Soundcloud]

Feedback & support appreciated [and returned where warranted]..

Thanks for checking it out,

peace..

*Feedback comin soon*

csbr

Gardener
@Kod4R Love that fucking intro, I think you could blend your tag a bit better, but I'm guessing if you get someone on it you're gonna remove it anyways :). Other than that, love that/those samples.. Dope af. Agreed with Deez you should put it out there. Only other thing, after some more listening is I think you could eq out some of the low end when you do those chops in the center, cause I can feel em a bit heavy but only when it repeats quick. Not sure if you want that, they may sound smoother with just a hair less low-end.

@DEEZ BEATZ Firestarter - Love that intro vibe and how it comes up, sounds like it might be clipping slightly just at the end of that rise there at the beginning, but love the vibe here, the vocal chops are beautiful. I love the rising verbed out one too the most. Fits great and adds a deep level to it, and when you got them verbed out in the background there at the end.

Temple of Fire - Love that sample, and love that yell at the intro. And the whole groove shift. The beat you got going after that shift is dope, the build and then it feels like it slows down near the end. That was great. I think there could be a little work done on the transition in the beginning to smooth it out but the beats fire.

@NONONSENSEBEATS For some reason your beat wont play for me. I think it's glitched, will try again in a sec.

New track here just made today;

[Soundcloud]

Feedback & support appreciated [and returned where warranted]..

Thanks for checking it out,

peace..

*Feedback comin soon*

@csbr , first of all how you doin? thanks for the feedback. and i love this track you have put together...very nice..listened to it 3 times already...the only thing i hear that i could maybe critique..is maybe taking some the accent off of the hi-hats...they are hissing...but honestly it's nothing major. yeah i just purchased this wavetable synth to boost my Vst plug-ins...so i'm still getting familiar with it..but damn i love it so far...it's made by Sektor

csbr

Gardener
@DEEZ BEATZ Yeah... I may just have to get a new monitoring system. I have a hell of a time mixing high frequencies :) Glad you liked it though! And I've been doing good. Just got my first track signed hopefully.. "Alex" from my Soundcloud (The trap soul one you liked a couple Showcases's ago.). A label wants to use it for their "Meditation Station" imprint. Hopefully it goes well, as I have been burned by labels & tastemakers before :) but this one seems legit. I'll look up that thing you mentioned, sounds interesting..

@DEEZ BEATZ Yeah... I may just have to get a new monitoring system. I have a hell of a time mixing high frequencies :) Glad you liked it though! And I've been doing good. Just got my first track signed hopefully.. "Alex" from my Soundcloud (The trap soul one you liked a couple Showcases's ago.). A label wants to use it for their "Meditation Station" imprint. Hopefully it goes well, as I have been burned by labels & tastemakers before :) but this one seems legit. I'll look up that thing you mentioned, sounds interesting..
@csbr , yeah bruh..I learned the hard way about labels. I will never sign my soul away to a label so I remain an independent contractor. I am not committed to anybody and I get paid per project now...but that is some cool shit bruh... Congrats

csbr

Gardener
@The Thrillz - You already know..

@Unknown That was actually really good, I could definitely hear some pop-y song popping off to that for sure.. It sounded very well mixed and great instrumentation, the drums/fills/percussion sounded really good. Great track.

@404pluto I think I would know a bit better how good this is if I heard the original.. but overall I think you did a great job if that is mostly just an a capella and you did all the instrumentation underneath. I think the filtered saw chords were a bit too filtered for me, the overall background sounded a bit too dark for the track to me. BUT the fills/drums and the bassline you did I thought was DOPE I loved that part honestly. It was great. thanks man!

csbr

Gardener
Oh yeah, and @DEEZ BEATZ yeah I completely feel you... I had a very hard deciding whether to do it or not... if it was any other song I might've not hesitated cause a lot of these songs I can just kinda bang out sometimes when I'm feeling it.. but this song they liked was named after my only son who was just born recently.. (Alex, he's four months now.) So it was like... damn, do I sell them this?

That's great to hear about the getting paid per beat bro.. Getting paid at all is amazing. I honestly haven't received a single cent for any of my productions or work yet.. and have spent thousands when all is said and done.. I'm just hungry at this point.

Oh yeah, and @DEEZ BEATZ yeah I completely feel you... I had a very hard deciding whether to do it or not... if it was any other song I might've not hesitated cause a lot of these songs I can just kinda bang out sometimes when I'm feeling it.. but this song they liked was named after my only son who was just born recently.. (Alex, he's four months now.) So it was like... damn, do I sell them this?

That's great to hear about the getting paid per beat bro.. Getting paid at all is amazing. I honestly haven't received a single cent for any of my productions or work yet.. and have spent thousands when all is said and done.. I'm just hungry at this point.
@csbr , congrats on the new born(ALEX) which is also the name of one of my best friends...But Honestly bruh i have been in this music game for awhile..and i hate to sound cliche but "BUILD IT AND IT WILL COME" and that is all that i have been doing. I Have 4 kids myself..3 by my wife and 1 by my ex-girlfriend..2 girls and 2 boys ages 5,10,12.5, and 17. so i have to make money...lol. i'm just lucky to make money doing something i love....my secret is that i will take on any genre project...EDM, TRAP, DUBSTEP, R&B, ROCK..etc. i consider myself a fast learner...and playing instruments helps big time....so i wasn't really making money until i stepped out of my comfort zone....SO STAY HUNGRY AND TRUE TO YOUR MUSIC AND TO ALL MUSIC BRUH. BE A PRODUCER NOT A BEATMAKER...Peace out!!!

Last edited:

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@NONONSENSEBEATS : On "Shock Value" I like the sample filp even though I don't know where it is from. Nice mix on the drums and I like how you allow the sample to develop throughout the beat. I thought the drums could come in a little earlier but everything else was on point. Like someone earlier, I also couldn't play the beat.

@DEEZ BEATZ : On "Temple of Fire", I like how you sampled the oos from the original sample and how you kept the horns in. This is a great production and that's all I have to say.

@rjpasin : I like the arrangement of this and the use of electric guitar. The whole track sounds both sleek and soulful, great job

@Kod4R : I liked everything about it except for the level of the tag, it kind of distracted me from listening to the main composition but I guess that's the point of a tag that will eventually come off when someone buys it lol.

@csbr : I liked the composition and the sounds that you chose but I thought that the mix needed some work.

Here is my beat:

@NONONSENSEBEATS : On "Shock Value" I like the sample filp even though I don't know where it is from. Nice mix on the drums and I like how you allow the sample to develop throughout the beat. I thought the drums could come in a little earlier but everything else was on point. Like someone earlier, I also couldn't play the beat.

@DEEZ BEATZ : On "Temple of Fire", I like how you sampled the oos from the original sample and how you kept the horns in. This is a great production and that's all I have to say.

@rjpasin : I like the arrangement of this and the use of electric guitar. The whole track sounds both sleek and soulful, great job

@Kod4R : I liked everything about it except for the level of the tag, it kind of distracted me from listening to the main composition but I guess that's the point of a tag that will eventually come off when someone buys it lol.

@csbr : I liked the composition and the sounds that you chose but I thought that the mix needed some work.

Here is my beat:

I love this track bruh..the melody is sweet af. I think the snare or clap and quite make it out but it's really sharp..like maybe take some of the accent off of it cause it's too out front..tuck it back a little..jmo. but for real though..this flows...great work as always

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
  • @OGbama,2006 with Top Dawg Records..Dave Free wanted to sign me to an exclusive producers contract... I have a question for you...you have been on this site for awhile but you haven't made a beat or anything.. what are you afraid of? They have all kinds of instructional videos...we all here have given you great advice...but yet you say you're going to do something but yet you never follow through..I mean if you want to chat about things then that's what Twitter and Facebook is for..but it really is a waste of time to see you say you're going to do something one week and then the next week you don't follow through...so why are you here on this site if you're not going to ever contribute any music.. honestly what's the point...I have seen members who joined by asked for advice used the advice and have improved dramatically...so again I ask....why are you here..cause personally I don't like procrastinators....sorry that's how I'm feeling about you right... I got a wife and kids and I get things done... I'm in every contest..I give advice and also a moderator for this site and still have time to make money to pay the bills..my plate is very full...What is going on with you? Just curious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.