Showcase - September 30-October 6, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@Matt-D The drums are just a touch too wonky, but I like the instrumentation here. Perhaps you should tweak the vocals a bit to be in tune on certain syllables (0:46, 0:52, some more spots).

I don't know the original song, but this is a great beat, I definitely hear a lot of improvement throughout the 2 or so years I've been active here. After a while, the vocals get offbeat, that should be an easy fix.

My next beat tape is dropping this week, here's another track from it:

Reactions: Joe

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Drago Zetić dope beat bro!! Everything is on point. Yeah I tried to adjust vocals and it just wouldn’t line up right so imma keep the beat and trash the vocals. But here is one I did awhile ago

Audiobellum

Beatmaker
I see a lot of fire beats in this thread today. They're all very short but, that's a discussion for another part of the forum. Check out my attempts at doing so hip hop beats. If you like them, it doesn't hurt to share them and click like. So here is Legacy and Papa Street Sweeper. Also, check out Master Of Darkness. It doesn't belong to any particular genre but, it's interesting. So I look forward to hearing feedback.

-Digitali Musix

Joe

Battle Points: 1
@Matt-D The drums are just a touch too wonky, but I like the instrumentation here. Perhaps you should tweak the vocals a bit to be in tune on certain syllables (0:46, 0:52, some more spots).

I don't know the original song, but this is a great beat, I definitely hear a lot of improvement throughout the 2 or so years I've been active here. After a while, the vocals get offbeat, that should be an easy fix.

Wow man this is dope love the break beat drums the transition is crazy man.

Heres a WIP I was hoping for some feedback and possibly ideas about.

Heres another one.

I see a lot of fire beats in this thread today. They're all very short but, that's a discussion for another part of the forum. Check out my attempts at doing so hip hop beats. If you like them, it doesn't hurt to share them and click like. So here is Legacy and Papa Street Sweeper. Also, check out Master Of Darkness. It doesn't belong to any particular genre but, it's interesting. So I look forward to hearing feedback.

-Digitali Musix
On legacy the low end is really overpowering the whole track. You need to use reverb and delays on the sounds too to try to make them sound less synthetic. The bass is very muddy, and needs frequencies stripped away to allow room for other instruments and take away the muddyness. With some reverb and delay you can stop sounds sounding so "stock" or "General Midi". But that opens up a whole new can of worms...mixing. If you cut around the 250hz to 350hz mark, that could take away the muddyness of the bass.

This is one the recent project " am working on" it ain't done yet!! i could use some feedback!!
Link: Deejay Ngwazi
I think with a bassline, this could be well on its way. The intro really needs something to mesh it together, lots of blank space there, maybe some strings or an organ to tie it together

I think you need to work on sound selection, Im having trouble listening to this as its very incoherent. Im assuming you are fairly new to this. I just dont think the sounds you have used work together very well

Last edited:

-Digitali Musix
On legacy the low end is really overpowering the whole track. You need to use reverb and delays on the sounds too to try to make them sound less synthetic. The bass is very muddy, and needs frequencies stripped away to allow room for other instruments and take away the muddyness. With some reverb and delay you can stop sounds sounding so "stock" or "General Midi". But that opens up a whole new can of worms...mixing. If you cut around the 250hz to 350hz mark, that could take away the muddyness of the bass.

This is one the recent project " am working on" it ain't done yet!! i could use some feedback!!
Link: Deejay Ngwazi
I think with a bassline, this could be well on its way. The intro really needs something to mesh it together, lots of blank space there, maybe some strings or an organ to tie it together

I think you need to work on sound selection, Im having trouble listening to this as its very incoherent. Im assuming you are fairly new to this. I just dont think the sounds you have used work together very well

Last edited:

the beat sounds a bit square and robotic, it could really use some swing. Some hi hats could do the trick. Drums could be more banging. I can sort of see what you are doing with the way you have sequenced the instruments, I think you are on the right path. Even though the sounds dont work fantastically together, they do work. With a little bit of tuning and maybe swapping out a couple sounds it would mesh better. As a chill out track its not far off as is.

@Drago Zetić I like the swing and drums.Also the sample but maybe a bit
monotonous.
But on the whole, it's dope

My beat is a bit calmer this time

This is a nice chilled beat, not a fan of the snare tho, apart from that its nicely put together.

Last edited:

Hahahaha, this is dope. Now this sounds fresh, doesnt sound DITC here but in a good way. Mixing sounds on point. Drums are on point. I have nothing critical to say.

More instrumentals. This one is pretty more relaxing, it's Where Wearing Heads May Lay. Also, here is a Dancehall instrumental appropriately titled Dancehall. As a Jamaican, I want to share how a typical Dancehall beat sounds. Finally, please check out Got To Be True. You wouldn't regret it. Also, feedback is appreciated.
Mate, you need to give feedback to others. Also any more than three tracks per showcase can be considered spam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online