Showcase - September 30-October 6, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiobellum

Beatmaker
Mate, you need to give feedback to others. Also any more than three tracks per showcase can be considered spam
I really don't know if there is a non-weird way to respond to this but, ignoring this would also be weird.I'll start by promising I won't forget to give feedback in the future. I was in the wrong and I'll try to make up for not doing so by giving feedback on your "work in progression" instrumentals. " right now. They sound good. "Testing The Waters" is pretty good. I don't know if I can say that it was a flaw or that if it needs anything added. It could have a flaw but, I can't say as I only listened to it with really crappy cheap earphones I had to buy as I left my quality headphones at home (I'm at my college's library right). "Inspired 2" sounds interesting. It's really hard for me to critique someone else's music because I wouldn't want to hold them to standards that they aren't trying to live up to. Also, even though I strive to make original sounding music, I don't actually believe that one can be fully original. In order worlds, originality isn't something I believe in. I'm at the point where I'm assuming that everything that sounds normal or "good" has probably been tried a thousand times before in some sense as musical taste is a produce of expectations that can only be created through past experience. At the art college I'm at, I was taught that all art is in part about other art. That idea came from the American art critic and professor Terry Barret, not that we have to care what he has to say about anything really. The only thing I can say about your beats is that they sound good to me personally. They don't sound unique to my strange music ear but, that is not and never will be a bad thing.
As for me posting a lot of beats to the showcase. I don't believe that I've actually gone overboard but, I will concede that I was close to doing so. In the future, I'll be limiting the amount of beats I upload to each showcase to just three to be on the safe side of things.
With that out of the way, I do notice that there is at least one other user who post a thread in this showcase consisting of their beats and they didn't give feedback. He did ask for feedback but, that isn't the same as giving feedback. In did this twice, once in this showcase and another time in a previous showcase.His name is DeeJay Ngwazi. You replied to him but, you never told him anything about how he needs to give feedback. Why?

Anyway, it would be cool if you could give me feedback on the last batch of beats that posted in the showcase. I'd like to know your perspective, even if it it's critical.

Last edited:
I really don't know if there is a non-weird way to respond to this but, ignoring the would also be weird.I'll start by promising I won't forget to give feedback in the future. I was in the wrong and I'll try to make up for not doing so by giving feedback on your "work in progression" instrumentals. " right now. They sound good. "Testing The Waters" is pretty good. I don't know if I can say that it was a flaw or that if it needs anything added. It could have a flaw but, I can't say as I only listened to it with really crappy cheap earphones I had to buy as I left my quality headphones at home (I'm at my college's library right). "Inspired 2" sounds interesting. It's really hard for me to critique someone else's music because I wouldn't want to hold them to standards that they aren't trying to live up to. Also, even though I strive to make original sounding music, I don't actually believe that one can be fully original. In order worlds, originality isn't something I believe in. I'm at the point where I'm assuming that everything that sounds normal or "good" has probably been tried a thousand times before in some sense as musical taste is a produce of expectations that can only be created through past experience. At the art college I'm at, I was taught that all art is in part about other art. That idea came from the American art critic and professor Terry Barret, not that we have to care what he has to say about anything really. The only thing I can say about your beats is that they sound good to me personally. They don't sound unique to my strange music ear but, that is not and never will be a bad thing.
As for me posting a lot of beats to the showcase. I don't believe that I've actually gone overboard but, I will concede that I was close to doing so. In the future, I'll be limiting the amount of beats I upload to each showcase to just three to be on the safe side of things.
With that out of the way, I do notice that there is at least one other user who post a thread in this showcase consisting of their beats and they didn't give feedback. He did ask for feedback but, that isn't the same as giving feedback. In did this twice, once in this showcase and another time in a previous showcase.His name is DeeJay Ngwazi. You replied to him but, you never told him anything about how he needs to give feedback. Why?
You are right about all art is derived from other art, every artist is inspired by other artists, thats why I said before that there is nothing new under the sun. We just reinterpret the art that came before us and inspired us to be artists in the first place.

As for me talking to you specifically, is because you posted a lot of beats. You have to remember that we are busy people, many just dont have the time in the day to listen and give feedback on so many tracks. I understand that you are reasonably new and really enthusiastic about your music, thats a very good thing, I was exactly the same, but also, especially when posting so many tracks and wanting people to take the time to give you feedback on them its only courteous and fair to take a bit of your time to give some feedback to others. We can all learn something from each other, we all have unique perspectives and different experiences. It also gets people actually talking to each other and sharing ideas and growing as a result.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Sorry for the delay I have been drained from work this week smh!!
@DeeJay Ngwazi what I would do is tweek the drums because they are kind of weak, and work on giving the melody direction. It sounds like the beat has no emotion.
@44Beatzz I love the mellow tone of this beat and the visual is dope lol nothing to criticize
@2GooD Productions I gotta be honest wasn't really feeling these particular tracks but I will say the mix on the second one was definetely on point.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Digitali Musix I like the sound choice, if I had to change something I would probably change the drum pattern up some and focus on making the melody to where it captures the listener a bit more. Not bad!

Great vibe you got there the vocals go crazy too drums are on point maybe mixing for the better but thats me also could be from the mp3 file . No complaints bout that fye

Status
Not open for further replies.