Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 545
would love some feedback on 1 of my latest beats
Thanks Al

Really nice,

personally, I'd get rid of the bells. Or replace them with a different sound playing the same melody. I dunno why, I just don't feel they fit/add to the beat. Love the other main sound.

Mix wise, is a nice mix, but the left panned hihats make the mix feel a bit off balance/lopsided for some reason.

If those two thngs were fixed, I'd bump this.

nikwen

ILLIEN
I made this little one past week. Hope you guys enjoy this one. I like the bass tune like the keys just don't like it really that much in the end. Like theres something missing but hell i still posted it. Here you go!

Cool one!

Feels a bit EDM-y because of the synths. I know a rapper who likes just that.

The drums feel a bit compressed. Maybe something could be done about that.

nikwen

ILLIEN
Thanks Al

Cool synths!

I also like the bells. I just think they would sound better if used more sparingly. However, we shouldn't forget that this beat was made for someone to rap over. Currently, when listening to the beat, the bells are the "main instrument" providing us with a melody. When a rapper hops onto the track, that changes and the bells are only something in the background.

Thanks Al

sounds a lot like the sort of thing I would come up with, I really like the drum fills. I like the composition. I agree with others about the bells, could maybe just be used for the intro and hooks. The beat keeps building just like how I like to do it. I think with our history and the way we both compose, you and I are going to be friends.

Al_Side

sounds a lot like the sort of thing I would come up with, I really like the drum fills. I like the composition. I agree with others about the bells, could maybe just be used for the intro and hooks. The beat keeps building just like how I like to do it. I think with our history and the way we both compose, you and I are going to be friends.
Thanks man would love to work together sometime

Status
Not open for further replies.