Showcase - September 7-13, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropped a new Soulful Hip-Hop beat "Spirit". Any feedback is welcomed!

I love it :D Perfect Rick Ross vibe. I love the sound of piano, melody, that trumpet you used. Complete production in my opinion.

Will provide feedback later tonight

Very chilling track. Nice drums in my opinion. The only thing I didn't like was the third chord in progression. I think that it doesn't fit to the rest. But overall I like it. :)

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151

I like the tune but the mix could be better. Those drums don't really stand out in the mix. But the notes played is something to work with i guess. For the rest pretty good job
Dropped a new Soulful Hip-Hop beat "Spirit". Any feedback is welcomed!

I like that jazzy vibe to it. layed back beat relaxed keys and does give that gentle mood i like it it's good the bass is smooth too damn nice.

I can hear you dig the pitchbend allot in your music. This is straight just a heavy trap beat with a nice distortion kick in it which jumps around in a right way. I like it..
Will provide feedback later tonight

Every music has it's moment this one too. Love kinda type beat can be relaxing at times but not for me i like them dark type beats catchy things. But i would hear this on the radio in the coffeeshop. For the rest the guitar is nice drumz are kinda looped not allot of changes or complex drum hitz but its simple. Not for me now but definetly better in its moment.

OMAR.

Battle Points: 5
@Marc Duncan ay this is good. i really like that rodes to sample. may i would turn down the volume a bit. anyways, i like, got some bouncy vibes.

@The Thrillz absolute dope. piano chrords are great and those hads reminds me to j.cole
good job mate

@Memento Beats yeah as i expcted a nother banger. really dope and i think youre gettin better. from week to week.
keep it on.
btw: these 808 really got me. i cant handle 808s like that. FIRE

Stoned Monk

Music & Chill
Battle Points: 16
@TjombaBeats This is a freaky beat man, I like it! The harsh synths are kind of melodic in their own special way, really cool:fire: Mixing is good aswell, sounds dope!
@OMAR. I like your beat tag:) Timeless beat, sounds cool! Nice vibe with the oldschool drums and the subtle bass. I need to give a listen to your other beats

My new beat :) I'm looking forward to some feedback/critique

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
@TjombaBeats This is a freaky beat man, I like it! The harsh synths are kind of melodic in their own special way, really cool:fire: Mixing is good aswell, sounds dope!
@OMAR. I like your beat tag:) Timeless beat, sounds cool! Nice vibe with the oldschool drums and the subtle bass. I need to give a listen to your other beats

My new beat :) I'm looking forward to some feedback/critique

Im listening to it as i type.. The piano has some good reverb to it the notes played give a bit classic vibe to it aswell. The bass fits nothing stands out too much so i guess the volume of each audio track is set up correctly for some nice mastering. Maybe try to give the piano some more room for change aswell as the bass and drums more variation. But for the rest good work man keep at it!

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Marc Duncan : I like this beat, and as always, the synth programming is amazing. I also thought that the structure of it was great, it definitely seems like something Lil Uzi Vert would rap over.

@The Thrillz - I liked the sample selection (if they are samples) and the drums of this beat. No complaints on my end, great beat.

@Matt-D : I like the beat overall for the remix but echoing what someone else posted, the last chord in the progression didn’t seem to fit well with the melody.

@Memento Beats : I like the 808 of this beat and what you did with the hi hats. I also liked how you varied the main melody instrument throughout. This is a great beat, no complaints here.

@TjombaBeats : This beat is so different that I don’t know where to start but I like the mixing of the beat and the drum samples that you used. The buzzy synth fits well in this mix too, which isn’t easy to do so good job on that.

@OMAR. : I like this beat, the structuring of it is very effective and I think it definitely has a dark 90s vibe to it. I could hear practically any 90s or early 2000s East Coast rapper on this. Good job on the mixing as well.

@Stoned Monk : I like the piano riff, especially when the phrase ends. The guitar also fits well with the beat and the overall structure is pretty good.

Here is my beat this week:

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Marc Duncan Nice beat, nothing to criticize there, I feel it
@The Thrillz Nice jam man, your tag line gets in the way but thats chill as hell
@Matt-D Nice beat but I dont know the original for the remix, but your beat sounds good, just not my flavor
@Memento Beats I told you in discord that shit rocks, but guess what... IT STILL DOES lol love that one
@OMAR. Like the boombap, just isn't broken up enough for me... little more variation would do it for me. Great beat well mixed, just needs some change-ups
@Stoned Monk its a fine beat, I dont care for the guitar sound, seems a little too synthesized, piano is nice and beat seems good, but not really my style.
@Chad seems like it's alright, sound really low to me, but I am not using my headphones.. maybe its me. I like the different style of kick and the bass is nice with it.. grungy. Just seems mix is off.. I will check it out again tomorrow

Heres something I been playing with...

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.

This one is chill man it's really well made.. This could be a beat in any rap battle for real.
@The Thrillz Nice jam man, your tag line gets in the way but thats chill as hell
@Matt-D Nice beat but I dont know the original for the remix, but your beat sounds good, just not my flavor
@Memento Beats I told you in discord that shit rocks, but guess what... IT STILL DOES lol love that one
@OMAR. Like the boombap, just isn't broken up enough for me... little more variation would do it for me. Great beat well mixed, just needs some change-ups
@Stoned Monk its a fine beat, I dont care for the guitar sound, seems a little too synthesized, piano is nice and beat seems good, but not really my style.
@Chad seems like it's alright, sound really low to me, but I am not using my headphones.. maybe its me. I like the different style of kick and the bass is nice with it.. grungy. Just seems mix is off.. I will check it out again tomorrow

I like them scratches for the rest needs some more melody i guess some smooth keys would do this beat allot of goodz..
@Marc Duncan : I like this beat, and as always, the synth programming is amazing. I also thought that the structure of it was great, it definitely seems like something Lil Uzi Vert would rap over.

@The Thrillz - I liked the sample selection (if they are samples) and the drums of this beat. No complaints on my end, great beat.

@Matt-D : I like the beat overall for the remix but echoing what someone else posted, the last chord in the progression didn’t seem to fit well with the melody.

@Memento Beats : I like the 808 of this beat and what you did with the hi hats. I also liked how you varied the main melody instrument throughout. This is a great beat, no complaints here.

@TjombaBeats : This beat is so different that I don’t know where to start but I like the mixing of the beat and the drum samples that you used. The buzzy synth fits well in this mix too, which isn’t easy to do so good job on that.

@OMAR. : I like this beat, the structuring of it is very effective and I think it definitely has a dark 90s vibe to it. I could hear practically any 90s or early 2000s East Coast rapper on this. Good job on the mixing as well.

@Stoned Monk : I like the piano riff, especially when the phrase ends. The guitar also fits well with the beat and the overall structure is pretty good.

I think on the beginning i can hear like fase issue maybe like one kick seems out of tone with another kick but it doesnt occur often. for the rest heavy beat you got here man dark typisch beat with some good potential!

@TjombaBeats @Pappas Beats @OMAR. @Chad thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm really glad you liked my beat. :D

Hey guys came up with a new tune check it out ! Like those rolls. But let me know what you think.

Very wild beat in my opinion. Especially when it comes to the melody and the sounds you used to create it. The beginning was a bit chaotic to me but later on it evolved in truly interesting production to me. I think that the best way to describe it is "controlled chaos". Of course I'm using word chaos in a positive sense here. Good job :D

It's a smooth beat. Nice bass, smooth rhythm on drums. Very clean mix as always. Arrangement is cool. Nothing to critiscise here. It's a very good beat. Your oldschool beats are awesome. :D

Nice to see you back here. :D Pretty quiet beat. I like the melody here. Drums are on point but the thing to improve is definitely mix. I would leave more headroom to make it sound louder and also clean it. It has potential in my opinion but it needs more work.

Wow :D This is pretty interesting actually. Nice scratches. Did you make them on turntable or in DAW? The whole production reminds me of 50 Cent/ Eminem. Mix is good. Maybe bass could be a little bit less "subby" but it's only if I had to pick something on purpose. Arrangment is cool. Beat flows nicely. It sounds good on its own but with a rapper it would be a killer track! :D Good job. I'm seeing big progress in your beats.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Wow :D This is pretty interesting actually. Nice scratches. Did you make them on turntable or in DAW? The whole production reminds me of 50 Cent/ Eminem. Mix is good. Maybe bass could be a little bit less "subby" but it's only if I had to pick something on purpose. Arrangment is cool. Beat flows nicely. It sounds good on its own but with a rapper it would be a killer track! :D Good job. I'm seeing big progress in your beats.
Daw bro, I can't scratch like that lol. Glad ya like it and I guess if it has a 50/EM sound to it.. which would go back to Dre... well, I cant think of a better compliment haha.

I am not sure I understand "subby" though..

Status
Not open for further replies.