Showcase - September 9-15, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANTJA5ILA

Bounce Beat Producer

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Didnt get feedback last time so Im reposting...

And heres my latest sampleflip, Im glad how it came out, needs a proper mix but cant do that till the studio is back up and running...

feedback to follow...

@PANTJA5ILA This is so laid back I need to roll this joint and relisten to be in the zone. I think you did well with the variation, it keeps things interesting, personally Id prefer a more banging snare but thats just my taste.Your snare suits the beat so ignore my taste hahahaha.

@say nada music This is chilled as fuck too, you managed to keep it interesting with a simple loop, this could go in so many directions, but Id leave it as is until a rapper spits on it then take it from there. Welcome to Illmuzik.

Last edited:
Battle Points: 1

And heres my latest sampleflip, Im glad how it came out, needs a proper mix but cant do that till the studio is back up and running...

feedback to follow...

@PANTJA5ILA This is so laid back I need to roll this joint and relisten to be in the zone. I think you did well with the variation, it keeps things interesting, personally Id prefer a more banging snare but thats just my taste.Your snare suits the beat so ignore my taste hahahaha.

@say nada music This is chilled as fuck too, you managed to keep it interesting with a simple loop, this could go in so many directions, but Id leave it as is until a rapper spits on it then take it from there. Welcome to Illmuzik.

thanks my friend, from those i would choose black cream, great funky vybe for a hard rapper to spit fire! @2GooD Productions i like the changes in the beat as well.i can hear kool g rap on it :)

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@PANTJA5ILA Definetely loving the sample choice! Way to keep it simple and stay in the pocket.
@say nada music Nice Beat! The kick and bass really compliment the sample very well.
@2GooD Productions wasn't really feeling the first one but the second one was on point, especially the drum pattern I liked the way it is arranged around the sample

PANTJA5ILA

Bounce Beat Producer

@2GooD Productions I really like your instrumental beat, it reminds me of 90's hip hop, specially Dr Dre beat. Have anyone spit rhymes on this yet?

Thanks @2GooD Productions, the snare definitely was the centre of the stage, I was inspired by Gramatik snare (but not even close lol)

@PANTJA5ILA Definetely loving the sample choice! Way to keep it simple and stay in the pocket.
Thanks @Matt-D! The sample was quite easy to work with. I am keen to do more sample flip challenge.

@2GooD Productions I really like your instrumental beat, it reminds me of 90's hip hop, specially Dr Dre beat. Have anyone spit rhymes on this yet?

I made the beat about 7 years ago, was going through a stage where everything I did sounded like a Dre beat. I made it to an acapella of a bashment artist called Famous Face. Its available if anybody wants to spit on it
Heres another one Hip Hop remix of General B - Frienz Konnection A Murder Dubplate..
During my Dre period...

Last edited:

Mystahwizz

Thanks @2GooD Productions, the snare definitely was the centre of the stage, I was inspired by Gramatik snare (but not even close lol)

Thanks @Matt-D! The sample was quite easy to work with. I am keen to do more sample flip challenge.
This does have a Dre type feel..nice and smooth tho..

@Matt-D This is very different, Im glad to hear something that isnt strictly hip hop. Once again the kick doesnt sound too bad, but the snare is way back in the mix. I like the snare, its just a bit quiet. The beat meshes well, nothing stands out to me, I like the bass.

dustface.wav

Beatmaker
@Matt-D Another nice one man! Just love your style....on everything you do
@PANTJA5ILA Sooo smooth! I really like this but feel dirtier recording with some more grit would be nice, I know that's just my preference of sound though.
@say nada music I like the vibe of this, but a feel like a little variation/looseness to the drums would fit the sound you are going for a little better. I don't know if you chopped from drum breaks (doesn't sound like that to me) but chopping from actually live drum breaks would give your track that more human feel I associate with that 90s boom bap sound.
@2GooD Productions I like black cream a lot everything is on point

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@artisanaljuice Definetely appreciate that bro!! Just checked out the EP and it is fire! I was hooked from the first beat and you kept my attention throughout. I love this EP because I was able to let it play through the whole way without skipping because of the way it flowed together, great drums, sample choices, and vocal clips used throughout to set the tone. I'm going to have to download this one!

@Matt-D Another nice one man! Just love your style....on everything you do
@PANTJA5ILA Sooo smooth! I really like this but feel dirtier recording with some more grit would be nice, I know that's just my preference of sound though.
@say nada music I like the vibe of this, but a feel like a little variation/looseness to the drums would fit the sound you are going for a little better. I don't know if you chopped from drum breaks (doesn't sound like that to me) but chopping from actually live drum breaks would give your track that more human feel I associate with that 90s boom bap sound.
@2GooD Productions I like black cream a lot everything is on point
@artisanaljuice you are so right my friend, thanks!!! your beats are very hard , great EP

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online