Simple melodies In The Piano Roll.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Is it possible to make simple Piano melodies without a Midi Keyboard? For example a Melodie like on "Problem" from the Dj Khalid Album.

I have been trying to do it in the Piano Roll with no success.

I know i sound like a real noob.

Any advice would be appreciated.

T

TheInfamousMobb

Yes its possible but its a hell of a lot harder to come up with anything, any chepie 100 buck midi keyboard is wayyy better than nothing at all.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Get the oxygen 8 keyboard. I never would have invested in one due to me not using it much. But now, I can't really phuck with FL without it. Peace

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
With FL Studio you can use your typing keyboard as a keyboard.

You can do easy melodies with the piano roll no problem. If you wanna do something more complicated learn about chords, progressions and what not.

O

open mind

i do all my melodys with the pc keyboard.u just need a good ear.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Since you wrote that post I guess you already have one.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
NobleWordz said:
Is it possible to make simple Piano melodies without a Midi Keyboard? For example a Melodie like on "Problem" from the Dj Khalid Album.

I have been trying to do it in the Piano Roll with no success.

I know i sound like a real noob.

Any advice would be appreciated.

dont know what type of sounds your using ... sound clips? then attaching them to piano roll? cant seem to get that real piano sound out of it?

im not sure if this is what you asking but i would probably try something like sampletank or some other vst instruments... they will give you that sound your looking for without buying a keyboard

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
NobleWordz said:
I ment a good ear.

MiGHT HAVE TO SELL YOUR SOUL FOR ONE OF THOSE...AND DONT FORGET TO ASK FOR A RECEiPT.

THE ONLY PROBLEM WiTH USiNG THE TYPiNG KEYBOARD iS THE PLACEMENTS OF THE NOTES i DONT KNOW WHOS THE GENiUS BEHiND THAT BUT BE PREPARED TO PLAY WiTH THE KEYS FOR A WHiLE SiNCE iTS NOT LAiD OUT LiKE A "KEYBOARD" BUT iTS NOT iMPOSSiBLE.

ONE THiNG TO REMEMBER, iTS NOT iMPORTANT HOW YOU GET TO THE SOLUTiON, iTS THE SOLUTiON THATS iMPORTANT.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I do make SIMPLE melodies on the piano roll using my mouse... Of course, using a midi controller is better, but not necessary at all.

It's a question of placement, time, and velocity... and a good ear!

members online