Skitzo

johnbeans

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
I'm loving the article, great inspiration!!!

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I'm loving the article, great inspiration!!!

That's what the whole Blowing Up section is about, to show Illmuzik members that you really aren't THAT far away from a lot of producers that wind up being on these records.

dopee article .. this is the type of stuff we need more of ... props to shadeed,skitzo, and fade ....

More on the way, normally the PM's I receive and the stuff I read in the forums dictates what the next topic will be focused on.
I try to present the information as if I'm talking to you, so that the reader can take the information and run with it!

dude tried to come at Jin on Freestyle Friday with some written and got raped badly.

True, but you also gotta look at the exposure that it got for him. The way I look at it, he went from a kid on a street team to being on BET being seen by the world. If you don't think that exposure didn't lead to a few beat sales here and there I could tell you otherwise.

MPCaddict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
True, but you also gotta look at the exposure that it got for him. The way I look at it, he went from a kid on a street team to being on BET being seen by the world. If you don't think that exposure didn't lead to a few beat sales here and there I could tell you otherwise.

nah, the only kind of exposure he got was being humiliated in front of everybody. That had nothing to do with him selling a few beats. He just got the connections because he was down with Def Jam Street team. That's how he could sell some beats, not because somebody saw him getting murked on BET and was like "man, I got hear some beats from this kid." Nobody would have any idea that he made beats just because they saw/overheard him on BET. Heck, I didn't even know this kid made beats until after I read the interview.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
wow i feel alotta hate coming from up there .. did skitzo pick on u as a kid or something? ... u seem to take alot of personal interest in calling the man out ... thats cool ... keep doing what u do ... since u seem to know everything already u shouldnt be posting on forums anyways.. if the interview is info u can use thats cool but otherwise just keep the comments to urself... maybe one day ur moms will let u out da house to go freestyle on 106 too

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Shadeed is doing his thing, I think it's good to have real input, and actually well formed input, him and Wings are some very organized writers, the thing is their articles beat a lot of the ones I read in the mags where cat's is getting paid from them.. anyhow its so easy to hate but if you not doing anything positive then I gotta agree, keep the attacks in a PM at least then yall fight it out or whatever LOL JK.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yo enough of the hating, this thread is for commenting on the article, not for bashing Skitzo for whatever he's done in the past.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
nah, the only kind of exposure he got was being humiliated in front of everybody. That had nothing to do with him selling a few beats. He just got the connections because he was down with Def Jam Street team. That's how he could sell some beats, not because somebody saw him getting murked on BET and was like "man, I got hear some beats from this kid." Nobody would have any idea that he made beats just because they saw/overheard him on BET. Heck, I didn't even know this kid made beats until after I read the interview.

I respect where you're coming from, and the reason that I pointed that out in my last post was to get you (and others) to think outside the box.
You're looking at it from only one perspective "He got murdered on 106 by Jin" Let's breakdown how "gettin murdered by Jin" benefitted him.

For starters, I can almost guarantee that he most definitely had his beat CD's with him in the BET studios and every celebrity judge got a CD, the DJ got a CD, AJ and Free got a CD, and he might've gotten an opportunity to holla at the celebrity guest and slide him a beat CD in between show segments.

With the invention of youtube, him "gettin murdered by Jin" is something that people can watch everyday of the year if you want. When you're negotiating deals and working with numbers, tv exposure (especially appearing on the #1 tv show on BET) is leverage. I left out the parts about him appearing on other networks because it didn't pertain to the topic (hip hop production).

And the funniest thing to me is: Who ever said the guy was a rapper in the first place??
Maybe he got on the show in order to get his foot in the door to sell beats.

I think that him appearing on BET was a perfect example of the quote in my signature.

You might not know the kid made beats, but the people that cut the checks sure do.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Great article. I've recently "got the foot through the door", if thats a way to put it and seen live whats it's like working for majors. Much of what this guy is saying can get an "amen" from me. "Music Politics", "Artist's egos", "People skills", all keywords that are very much associated with what goes on.

I always think to myself, I just want to make the music man. But the truth is when it comes to this industry, its hell of alot more than that!

members online