ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Ha. i gotta peep this later.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Word. Cop that album niggas.

Perth Amboy got an earful of Fear Factor all the way down Smith st. on wednesday. haha.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Good interview, well thought out questions, clear and concise responses from Class and Ash....
Definitely helped me get an idea of what Smash Brothers is about and their take on the state of the industry today.
Good job all around!

Like it was said earlier I think, my only gripe (and a small one) was that Shadeed was a bit quite.

Props to both of you guys tho - I hope you guys have success getting your album out to the masses real soon. Your both dope musicians. Cant go wrong there!

STEEZ

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^^^^ for realz ... die slow .. and painful .. with shit in ur pants..

For those who aint cop the album yet... Kill yourself....

class

U would think the one DJ, i.e ME, that's been spinning two of the singles would have had an exclusive "signed" copy mailed to him.

NO LOVE FOR THE DJ'S WHOM WE ALL NEED! BEEN SPINNING "U OVER DID IT" FOR TWO MONTHS NOW.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
U would think the one DJ, i.e ME, that's been spinning two of the singles would have had an exclusive "signed" copy mailed to him.

NO LOVE FOR THE DJ'S WHOM WE ALL NEED! BEEN SPINNING "U OVER DID IT" FOR TWO MONTHS NOW.

Hows that being recieved?
Id like to see "party till I pass out" in a club as well.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
It's a good interview, however if you want to use it as part of your press kit, I would edit it down to two or three minutes and make Shadeed's voice louder so you can hear the questions. Also, put instrumentals of songs from the album in the background.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Hows that being recieved?
Id like to see "party till I pass out" in a club as well.
When you mix it in and people on the dance floor don't run for cover you know you're working with something. I added it to my dirty south set.

When breaking new music in the club it depends on how the DJ mixes it in with what's current. I have it come after or before the Franchise boyz new joint "Turning heads". There both the same tempo. 89.3 bmp's and they blend well with no adjustments what so ever. New songs get lost IMO, when the DJ just throws it in anywhere at any bmp. With Serato, Virutal DJ, Traktor etc it's very easy to get any song to sync tempo and keylock but for new songs you don't really want to do that. You want to keep them as close to the original tempo and key as possible. You can do that after the song pops (becomes well known) and it won't matter because everyone will know it by then. I.E I can throw "LolliPop" on at 74 bpms or 84 and the crowd won't budge because they know the song and can't really tell the diff in tempo.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Thanks for the feedback. I knew Ash and Classic's music was good but in this business it takes more than good music to standout.
The interview, especially the way the questions are asked, were delivered in a way to provoke thoughtful answers, which in turn, gives the viewer an insight into how the artist actually operates both in their approach to music and outside the booth or studio.

I changed up my whole approach to doing interviews and stopped taking interview assignments and decided to only interview artists whose music I really loved or hated.

Dealing with those extremes makes for better discussion and makes them more insightful, introspective to give the audience a glimpse into 'why' the music or the particular project sounds like it does based on the artists' state of mind at the time.
Apparently, artists, publicists, and the sponsors of my various projects are liking the outcome, 5pretty established artists have told me that working with me was the best interview they've ever done, which is positive and lets me know that you don't have to do the same thing as everyone else in the industry to stand-out.

The typical on-camera interview is anywhere from 2-5 minutes. The videos are edited,
but I allow them to run longer 10-15 minutes to give the viewer or listener more.

--------------------------------------------------------
It's a good interview, however if you want to use it as part of your press kit, I would edit it down to two or three minutes and make Shadeed's voice louder so you can hear the questions. Also, put instrumentals of songs from the album in the background.

------------------
I see your point. But a press kit is 'a kit containing press' - so it should be presented as
"Here's an exclusive interview of The Smash Brothers on Indie Planet TV".
If they were doing radio, they wouldn't change the instrumentals, they'd leave it as is - because its them on the radio, which adds to their credibility etc.

If they're recording their own video to 'introduce their press kit', then by all means add your own instrumentals, etc. but for press, a good rule of thumb is to just add the link and leave as is.