Smash Brothers Interview on ILLMUZIK!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
great read fellas. I have to honestly say that these two dudes are really good people and that everyone here should grab this album when you can. No, I didnt hear it yet. (even tho I would think i could of got a listen,,,ahem) Anyways, the cover is bananas. Can't wait to here it!!! Mad love,,,

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
(even tho I would think i could of got a listen,,,ahem)

I got the first 3 singles I can testify that they bump in the club! My fav would have to be "you over did it". The concept and the hook of this track is on fy. Though its from up top it's mixes well in my dirty south set. When you can mix a song in while peeps are dancing and they don't break a stride you know you got something to work with. If they part the dance floor like the red sea you may as well get back in the lab.................

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^anytime gyal .. if ur ever in ny holla at us for real!

LDB: Ur the man! .. we truly appreiate the spins fam! .. yeah we r def leaning towards using "overdo it" as our "universal broadcast" single. The only problem is that I curse so many times on the record that it doesnt edit too well lmao .. but im sure i can work around it.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
^^anytime gyal .. if ur ever in ny holla at us for real!

LDB: Ur the man! .. we truly appreiate the spins fam! .. yeah we r def leaning towards using "overdo it" as our "universal broadcast" single. The only problem is that I curse so many times on the record that it doesnt edit too well lmao .. but im sure i can work around it.

Well I can tell you from experience to not over do your edits. Don't go back and do a total clean version! Hardcore peeps who hear the edits will won't the unedited version after hearing what they know are possible cuss words. If u clean it up too much they won't know that u had cuss words in it in the first place. I know when I here clean versions of songs and then here the unedited I get throwed some times. They just don't sound the same. I did some edits on them because in some clubs I can't play songs with cuss words, at least not until after midnight. I dropped them into Pro tools and reversed the "too harsh" words. As long as they are not a lot of cuss words back to back to back you'll be aiight! You can get away with a lot more on the radio these days then you use to be able to.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
naw i def wasnt gonna re-record it .. i was gonna do a combo of revrsing, muting and maybe using sound effects in place of certain words.. thers alot of n bombs in there lol!

Word....that'll get 'er done and keep it some what authentic. lol I actually like the N bombs reversed...don't ask me why.....

lmao...too many N bombs will get Reverend Al at your door step. You'll be getting Don Imus'd.....lol