Smoking weed, listening to music

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Last time when I was smoking with my homeboy at 4 in the morning, we were in a parking lot, listening to South Park Mexican.

I really felt the music, I was in it, I felt what he was rappin. I fell in love with that shit...
SPM is one of my favourite rappers.

Anyway I smoked a lot in my life, that's not a new experience, but this time it was so hot...

SO the point is, afterwards we were listenting to Master P ( lol ), and I really felt how fake his lyrics are. Weed gives me the gift to feel what the rapper is feeling. I get a picture, I see the rapper, and I feel if his lyrics are bullshit ( Master P lol ) or if it's real shit. I'm feelin so close to the music.

Last time I had that kind of feeling 3 years ago when I was high and listening to Gangsta Pat.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know that he had sex with a 9 year old girl. Does that influence his music? Hell NO.

Yeah that other night cops were passin... man we left the car an ran away hehe.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
he's serving a sentence of 50 to life....If you feel is music so much you should send some money to his commisary so he could stack up on butter crunch cookies...LOL

ill o.g.
hey man i know exactly what your talking about, when ever i'm high and i listen to songs I feel the music so much more, each song has its own vibe and it strait takes me somewhere. I can differentiate real and fake lyrics and it seems like i can grasp the whole message of the song better an what ever that message is it mite not be the message the artist was trying to get across but its sooo sick. What ever feeling that song gives me is amplified hella when i'm high.
Another thing that bein faded gives me that i've noticed lately is I can see people for who they really are when i see them on tv or in person, i can tell when someones acting or if they are bein genuine.. I can do that when i'm strait but i can't deny at all that when i'm high it becomes like my 6th sense. You know what i'm saying?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well, lets see, since getting blunted also slows reaction time and impairs judgement, frys brain cells and eventually retards your memory, i seriously doubt you can see people for "who they really are" when you are high..... you may have a better "experience" because you basically have.... well, added a bit of reverb to your brain, so to speak. the signal changes somewhat, so things are different and you see them different because of the effects of the drug. i have watched many friends while they are high, and i remember what i was like myself when i smoked..... and while you might think you are "enlightened" by being high, i think you would think a bit differently if you were to watch your reactions to things over a period of time.

for the record, this isnt an attack or anything like that.... just a different perspective.

as far as south park mexican, well, him having sex with a 9 year old girl ma not have an influence on his music to you, but if that 9 year old was your daughter i'm sure it would make a whole world of difference, and chances are you would be the one sittin on 50 years for killing him.....

i mean, to each his own, but to me it speaks heavily of someones character and values when they support someone like that. dont get me wrong, i dont condemn the man, and i hope that he can find peace, and i hope that the girl and her family can forgive him, and hopefully he starts to see things a little differently while he is in there.

ill o.g.
I am aware of the downsides of smoking weed I'm sure everyone is here, I also know illmuzik for tha majority is a marijuana free site and i'm tired of seeing every thread that has to do with using drugs killed by 20 posts of people talking down to the ones who feel like talking about it or changing the subject to "how stupid drugs are" and then one of the site leaders closing the thread. WE KNOW DRUGS ARE STUPID. I respect all of those who say "the music is my drug" and "I don't need drugs to do this" yeah I don't need to smoke weed either but when i occasionally do it, it brightens my day and its not somthing I always turn to to have fun man it is just one of my many past times.
I"m young and i'm gunna make alot of bad decisions and soon i will learn from them, for now I"M having fun getting drunk off my ass every weekend and smoking occasionally to knock down that filter in my brain so a tidal wave of creativness and happiness rushes through my head. Its stimulating one day I WILL QUIT. Truth Told u can have your own opinions but i have no reason to come on this website and tell lies about what the effects of dank to me are. If you don't hit the bong and have the same mindstate as me u woudn't know how it is so don't doubt the shit i say.
About SPM even if he did fuck a nine year old or whatver that doesn't have anything to do w/ how good his music is, i woudn't give a fuck if osama ben laden made a beat and i thought it sounded tite, I woudn't deny i thought it was tite, I'd bump it if i liked it. Yea its fuct up SPM should be punished and all that but if the man likes his raps there isn't nothing wrong with him. I don't think that speaks on his values it just means he thinks spm is a tite rapper

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
That shit makes me sleep!!:eek:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've never smoked, but I've been around a bunch of friends that were smoking, so I felt the effects of the smoke. That shit gave me headaches. But the smell of it at live shows kinda puts a smile on my face!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo if anyone knows bout chronic its yours truly..i used to sell it smoke it i used t get so high i didnt even know where i was..but let me tell you..you gotta be careful its aight o get high every so often but don't make a habit of smokin evryday all day like i used to..that shit makes the music sound better, but in the end you just become a lazy ass unproductive muthafucer...i still smpoke but i seriously cut down and i feel so much better

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fade you never smoked? ... damn ;)
I only smoke weed, drink beer and sniff poppers lol

At the moment I'm just havin a good time but I don't make it a habit. I know people and friends of mine that smoked everyday. they lost their job or left school, they did some dumb shit and ended up in jail for a few months.

Just like alcohol... don't get drunk everyday ;)

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
I dont smoke. But sometimes i wonder if i smoke, will my beats be hotter cuz i'd be more open minded:rolleyes:

i wonder....

i got drunk and made beats. But i get easily distracted and frustrated (mainly cuz im drinkin' wit my niggas), so i dont do it no more. drink and make beats that is

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't ever think that your beats will get better by smokin a pound ;)

That's bullshit, believe me, I tried a several times, you only think that your beats are hotter, that's all. It's like those I know who snore cocain, they think they work better and all that.

Yeah and distraction is a big problem, I only drink and smoke when I want to party.

You need skills and the right feeling, no drugs, that's all.

E

enfinite

yea gettin lifted everything has a different way of being, like u understand and feel everything easily, it becomes so obvious and even food tastes so much better, and i think it makes u feel more open leading to more open experimenting beats which might lead to a diamond in the ruff beat peace

mike kilo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
smokin made my mind thinkin´ in wrong directions+got me lazy.
now that i quit, i got more inspirations on beats.
try out, you´ll see.........

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
"I GET HIGH ALL THE TIME, I SMOKE THAT GOOD SHIT"

Here's what I have to say about puffing ganja and loving rap. Whenever I smoke up, that's when I seriously feel like I'm in the zone to make some beats. You might think I've convinced myself to think that, but it's true. It really makes music sound different, like somebody else had mentioned. You pay attention the lyrics more, but not just the artists lyrics, but his approach as well. *LOL in a nutshell, being high just makes you think deeply about shit. To everyone that said, "I just get a headache," well my theory is that your weed wasn't good enough lol.

YES, weed definently effects the memory, but pretty much only if you're smoking like everyday for years. I personally smoke everyday, (not proud of it but when your whole nieghborhood smokes you become accustom,) and I see myself forgetting little things.. never my name or anything though lol. The rumors about weed are rediculous.

There's two types of smokers: There's the smokers that smoke everyday and only get high a certain amount, and there's the kids who smoke once in a while, cough on thier FIRST hit and never wanna smoke again. YES smoking is pointless, usless, what have you... but personally: Being in a different mind state than the one you're in everyday of your life is nice sometimes. It's fun to just giggle about dumb shit lol, and to just let your mind wander.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
puff puff pass

I use to smoke...and then i stop, when i made beats while smoking, the ideas were mad crazy....but then the next day I was get up thinking I had a dope beat... I would hear the drums all off and the voices all distorted.... it effected my rhymth... alot... some i just decided to listen to music...and that open up mad aves.... I could zone out and pick apart beats....just hear the snare only or just the sample... so i feel yall...weed can help... "a little weed never hurt nobody"