Snares

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Of course I'm going to do more research, but what type of mic would be best for recording or actually sampling a live snare. I 'm going to rent or buy a snare drum and experiment with different effects and different types of sticks. I want to sample those into my MP. Like what brands and types would yall suggest. Thanks.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
soundboy2 said:
Of course I'm going to do more research, but what type of mic would be best for recording or actually sampling a live snare. I 'm going to rent or buy a snare drum and experiment with different effects and different types of sticks. I want to sample those into my MP. Like what brands and types would yall suggest. Thanks.

Well for me, I record sounds from a cheap radio shack mic. It sound's fine cuz I like to mess around with the sound sample and add some fx to it. But if you want real good sound, maybe a condensor mic would do the trick.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
an shure sm57/sm58 will be sweet.... and cheap

but man sampling records will be alot easier and with better sounds too

E

Equality 7-2521

Snare Top: Shure SM57.

Snare Bottom: AKG D310 or a good condenser mic.

Paul_Caruso

ill o.g.
SM57 for close up, but I'd be interested in hearing a condensor in the room especially if it's a nice sounding room. You don't get to hear a snare & condensor just because you're always close micing a full kit or hearing it alongside other parts of the kit.

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, thats just the kind of answers I was looking for,

I preciate that!