Snoop does it again, and admits it

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
who cares already.....I feel like it's groundhog day w/ Snoop....and alot of these rappers. Time to grow up mafuckas...I mean...you are approaching 40.

fo real ... grown ass men runnin around like lttle corner boys is not a good look... i dont know who these rappers are tryin to impress .... u dont know why rappers love to advertise the fact that they ride around strapped and they " still got bricks in the hood" lol... shit anything the fans know the authorities know too idiots

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
thing is i saw a program on mtv the other day with snoop and it was showing how he runs the local football team and he was paying for this kids college shcolarship and doing a lot of good stuf and he even said himself that people need more responsible people to look up to and then he keeps getting brought up on thee charges !

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn what a retard. Approaching 40 years old – wife and kids at home and still acts like a little punk. I know 12 year olds that are more mature mentally. Hope his kids have another male role model in their lives coz Snoop ain’t it.

Get the impression the guy just wants to make out that even though he’s got a big ass house and cars and money he’s still a gangsta. I reckon it speaks volumes about the state of hip hop at the moment that Snoop does a lot of community work and runs football teams for the kids etc but can’t find a way to speak about that positive stuff on his records.

Cheers
Daymo

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ahhh Daymo this is indicitive of the entire problem here, you see Snoop IS the role model and of course like the pide piper 1% of the whole populace is behind bars..thats 26 million at last count..That doesnt include juvenile statistics...
SO...Try and do somethin better my fellow MC's and producers..

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Try and do somethin better my fellow MC's and producers..

Well said mate!

The way I see it: there is an existing audience for ‘gangsta rap’ or whatever and it’s too easy for these mc’s to kick whatever they like without worrying about how it influences or affects their audience. They know there is a market for it so they know they can make money doing it.

It’s a lot harder to be inventive and original, so a lot of rappers take the easy way out by chasing the money rather than pushing the art forward.

Don’t get me wrong; the guns and drugs stuff can be done well (for instance: listening to Ghostface kick his crime stuff is like watching a gangster movie in your head) - but most of the time it is done moronically and monotonously.

Whether he likes it or not Snoop is a “mainstream” performer. He is in the pop charts more than most pop acts and has made the choice to be that guy. For him to be coaching pee-wee league and mincing around in Justin Timberlake videos one minute and then driving around with a trunk full of weapons and pledging allegiance to the Crips the next minute is totally irresponsible.

Cheers
Daymo

members online