Snoop - Drop It Like Its Hot

E

Equality 7-2521

as do i respect those who feel it. i agree with what Deuce is sayin. its fine to hold an opinion, even if its a strong one. but you have to allow others to hold their opinions too. ya cant think your opinion is the right one just cos its yours.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
the beat is way too simplistic and I can't stand the clucking. It just looks silly in the video when they show those girls clucking. Snoop makes the song bearable with some pretty tight spit but I'm not a fan of the song.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
sammy beats said:
the beat is way too simplistic

sometimes simplicity is dope. just listen to most of Preemo's beats.

sAfE.

E

Equality 7-2521

yeah but if you had a choice out of dope simplicity and dope complexity, which would you go for?

to me thats a no brainer.

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
I dont know band geeks and shit, but the first time i heard tha song i wasnt really feelin it other than snoops rappin...after a while u kinda start feelin it tho...thats what i think....hahahaha band geeks..you geeks crack me up

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't like it. I think it is purposefully very simple and catchy and made just to appeal to the masses. Snoop used to be cool, but in the last five years or so he has sucked, I mean he literally rhymes "izzle" with "izzle" in every one of his songs. It just doesn't seem like the goal in making this song was to make good music, and I don't like it.

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
when i heard the song and i saw pharell on it i wasnt surprised the beat was like that. The neptunes are all about experimenting with shit. The wanna push the envelope too much and respectively their beats are "eccentric" I mea they say it themselves in an article in Scratch- some of their beats are so futuristic, some rap cats dont feel them.

But it is true what someone said on here if some other cat dropped this beat on this forum and he wasnt parell, he'll be hated on. But thats what image does for u - even your wackest shit is hot. Snoops is crazy on that song tho, i'm feeling him. If it wasnt snoop on the song, it would have been a flop.
What is this line pharell is dropping: " I'ma good boy/with good dreams"?????? or something like that. Pharell better stick to making beats...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
seriously i think most of u are sleeping IMO, its a tight beat! the Neptunes often bring these new concepts and i think they are dope.

sAfE.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
i think if one of us dropped the same beat on a place like this...most people wouldnt like it....

its simple.....

but like all neptunes beats...it gets catchy after a while

its not a bad beat....but its not a good beat......

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i think the fact that if it was posted on here and all kinds of people would hate on it and give it the regular feed back of "its too simple" "not enough changes" all that ... i think that says something about peeps on here and not neccessarily the beat or the neptunes.... im too high to explain it right now... its definately one of those grow on you beats for me

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Equality 7-2521 said:
yeah but if you had a choice out of dope simplicity and dope complexity, which would you go for?

to me thats a no brainer.

well..... to me dope is dope; simple an dcomplex each have their merits, but dope is dope to me.

members online