So, i gave Tech N9ne a beat CD. We'll see what happens.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i have been a fan since the wake up show days, and while my tastes have changed a lot since then i have always respected this man's grind, work ethic and style.

i spent the weekend in sacramento (arden, actually) with my girl and i saw the promo van and tour bus. i turned around, and spoke with a member of his crew and we listened to pieces of a few tracks. i gave him the cd and he was like, "put it on"..... so it wasnt like he just took it and said, peace... i actually cut it short cause i wasnt trying to seem like a groupie... i gave him the tracks for my ep; he was eager to make sure i gave him all my info, email, phone number and all that... i didnt get to meet tech, but my name and info is all over that disc so i know his man isnt going to be able to front like they were his, and dude seemed real humble.

if he winds up wanting to use any of them, then i am going to give it to him, i dont care if he wants $5......$500...... or $5,000 or whatever. i just want that foot in the door.

all in all that has been my highlight thus far. we'll see how this turns out, and i will keep everyone posted if anything happens.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
We all know what happens next...6 months later....the headlines read...Illmuzik Producer...Cold Truth enters litigation proceedings after Tech9 goes platinum with 3 songs he allegedly gave them on a beat cd, however Tech9 denies comment and their lawyer has stated that they do not take beat cd's or do they know the complaintant.....
LOL

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hehe

two things:

one, i am about to begin copywriting these anyways, and two, contraversy generates curiosity, and i can use that to my advantage.

im not selling myself short; but realistically i definitely try to leverage that to my advantage if it did happen.

as it stands, my ep will be finished fairly shortly, and i have all of the original files in my computer- individual audio tracks as well as the original midi tracks and sessions.

all in all i am not too worried abuot it.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I was just kidding man, but on the real the Neptunes will not take a demo or listen to one....becuz of that whole thing they went thru, this comes from a reliable source that interviewed them.....but I had the chance to hook up with DJ Quik back in the day, but my cuz was like don't let him hear or have your CD...LOL but yeah Merc is right you have to have your beats with you at all times....ipod or cd won't hurt too because I have run into some cats that will listen and then give you a number....
Good Luck though...get your stuff out there by any means.....hopefully it will pay off for you.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
mercurywaters said:
thats why you always have to have your music on you. you never know...........

I agree, even though I havnt had anything in awhile. Once I'm done with my solo effort and beat CD, I will have at least 3 copies of each at all times.

SIDEBAR:
Merc, how do we get the HaloDim joint? Can I come to MD and ya will pass it out? lol

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
We all know what happens next...6 months later....the headlines read...Illmuzik Producer...Cold Truth enters litigation proceedings after Tech9 goes platinum with 3 songs he allegedly gave them on a beat cd, however Tech9 denies comment and their lawyer has stated that they do not take beat cd's or do they know the complaintant.....
LOL

I can see this story in the HearDat Headlines! I'll pass it on to Keyz Febreez and see what he thinks.

And Cold, good luck with that. Let's hope things work out for you and you get put on!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
hmm i thought Tech N9ne was more on the sinister beat tip,, kinda like SyN beats.. but i just know a few tracks of him.. I hope things work out for you, so you would be more bussy with biz and ease of the newbies damnit ;).
Since you are a Tech N9ne fan what would you recommend for me to listen of his (album, tracks)?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
RigorMortis said:
hmm i thought Tech N9ne was more on the sinister beat tip,, kinda like SyN beats.. but i just know a few tracks of him.. I hope things work out for you, so you would be more bussy with biz and ease of the newbies damnit ;).
Since you are a Tech N9ne fan what would you recommend for me to listen of his (album, tracks)?

he is on a dark tip, which normally im not inclined towards......but i've always been a bit intrigued by his brand though.... i am intrigued the good/evil (mostly evil, it seems), god/satan thing... . he does have a lot of sexual material too...

anyhow, on "anghellic", "going bad" is nice, as is God Complex.

as for absolute power, its "constantly dirty", "slacker" is amusing... a great play off of pac's "i get around" in there... "ima tell" is a trip.....

my beats arent anything like what he does; i told this guy that, and dude was like, "you never know.... he's looking to do some different things on the next album.."

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
thx for the tips cold and by all means join the dark side, it is much more pleasant to rock torturous beats. Goodluck with it and maybe he will let it hear to other artist so it is good you had your beats with you.