So I got indirectly fired today.....

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Man, check this bullshit...been workin for the NJDOT for 8 years goin on 9 right. I moved up fairly quick, never had a below average performance rate in my whole career. Took a job in january out of the capitol working for the Safety Unit. After about a month, I noticed the feelin I wasn't wanted because I didn't lick any of the bosses asses and didn't get involved in peoples drama and such. Now, my back starts flairin up due to all the driving I was doin, so I was out on medical leave more then once. (using MY benefit time) The State didn't pay for shit. The last time I go out, I come back the day after labor day. THAT SAME DAY,,,they have me go into a meeting with the "new" director, and homeboy basically tells me that things aren't workin out and that I was still waiting to take the civil service exam for this new title, nothin is set in stone so they puttin me back in my old position. I was cool an all right, so I'm like, fine, whatever makes yall happy. This is September 2nd right. SO I'm thinkin its all good,,,,no sir, it's not!

I ask for all this in writing....nothing. they told me to wait. Here's the sneaky shit:

I bring in my doctors note that first day I returned back to active duty. They said they want the actual note and not a copy, so I'm like, "No problem". Do you know these people called my doctor's office because they thought I forged the note!?!? My doctor had to actually draw up a letter and fax it to them.

Anyways, they have me reporting to my office in my sector everyday, I was told to stay in the office and not go out on the road. (I called this Time Out) I get an email from my boss stating that my old job has been filled and that I am going to be put into the construction unit. Problem with that is it doesn't come wit a vehicle and they know I live out of state...

Long ass story short, they have me come into a meeting wit all the bosses,,,tell me, either I take the job that I have no transportation too, or I resign today!

My union aint do shit, so I talked to lawyer. Supposedly, I have one hell of a law suit as soon as I get fired for not showing up once my vehicle is turned in. I have them on:

Discrimination due to a disability. (thats the official reason they are using to send me back)

Defamation of character (alleging my doctors note was false)

Violating doctor/patient confidentiallity. (The idiots sent me a copy of what theysent to my doctor,,,they were asking when I went to the doctor and how I went about asking for a doctors note,,lol)

among others,,,,fuckin government.

,,,my rant is over. thank you.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Take They Ass To The Bank Sun...dont Quit Or Resign...make Them Fire Your Ass So They Can Atleast Pay For Your Unemployment Bennies (atleast Thats How We Do It In Nc With No Unions) You Quit Or Resign A Paying Job Unemployment Maybe Hard To Get. Sometimes They Trick A Cat Into Quitting Or Resigning. At My Job Its Been Situations Where The Boss Told Someone "if You Resign I Will Be Able To Give You A Good Reference On Your Next Job, But If I Fire You I Can't". Of Course Only The Blind Fall For This Crap. But Yeah Take Um To The Bank And Demand Your Job Back And If They Mess With You Again Sue Their Ass For "retaliation"

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Thats what I'm hopin,,,wifey just got a new job with a great company (Amerigas,,,she's the one who calls when you owe money,,lol) Yeah, I'll be hittin the unemployment jumpoff soon. Just gives me more time in the lab.

@ Graf,,,I almost took a job in MD about a year and a half ago for an engineering firm. Pay wasnt high enuff.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
dude dont resign whatever u do.. make them fire u thne take them to court! str8 up. they will most likely bitch out and give u a settlement before the case goes to court

Before he goes to court 5 years from now! It's a fucked up situation Stress....been there done that. That's why I don't punch nobody's clock anymore. You may eventually get paid but you'll lose a lot before you do. Sueing a company, especially the state, is not all peaches and cream. I hope you can keep your family together and a roof over your heads during the wait. The end may look good with the money you may potential get but the long as race to it has broken many a man! I hope they workout something to where you get your old job with transportation back.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
I hope they workout something to where you get your old job with transportation back.

thats really my ultimate goal. My boss wants me back. Financially I'll be fine. My wife just went back to work full time, plus my unemployment, we'll be chillin. I've been sellin beats on the reg to keep up as well. (let go some bangers too,,,*tear*) But yeah, my main thing is I want my job back, a clean record, and that doosh bag director fired. The State of NJ is so fucked up budget wise, I'm lookin pretty. Plus my lawyer is an Italian jew...lol.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
It's a fucked up situation Stress....been there done that. That's why I don't punch nobody's clock anymore.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I hope all goes well for you Stress. When companies start singling out workers to fire them, that is the worst sh*t ever. I saw two managers get fired for "made up" reasons and then eventually they tried to lay off our whole department.

It is so strange to see a company make up bullshit to get rid of people instead of just telling them the truth. They are either trying to cut cost, they don't like you, or you are not a good worker. But they never want to just tell you that...

Maybe one day I'll tell you guys about the story of the only black guy working for a company in that region, who went face to face with the CEO as he tried to lay us off and literally saved the whole department.

dude dont resign whatever u do.. make them fire u thne take them to court! str8 up. they will most likely bitch out and give u a settlement before the case goes to court

I'll have to cosign that too. My boy quit out of pride and totally fuct himself out of unemployment benefits and stuff.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just make sure you DON'T sign anything, and DON'T resign! Go ahead with the legal stuff because otherwise you'll shoot yourself in the foot if you make a move before going with a lawyer.

Sucks man, but always look at the positive side of things. Everything happens for a reason, maybe you were meant to move on at this point in your life!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Really sorry to hear that Stress... I guess try to look at it as a new beginning man for real....

Trust me dog, i went through the same exact shit working 5 years for Lowes....
You learn real quick that large corporations dont give a hot shit about you and your really just an expendable number in the larger scheme of things at places like that....

Im all about trying to own my own business these days more and more....
Or at least working for a real down to earth mom and pops joint thats still doing it big....
People just seem to loose touch when the company expands too large.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Yeah with unemployment coming in you can atleast crank out some bangers...thats when you'll come up with some of the illest stuff musicwise. Hopefully I will be retired by this time next year because working for the state of NC is grimy also...I've been passed over for job interveiws within the state at other agencies because my boss set up "road blocks" so I could'nt elevate. I mean cats are connected within the state...including local attorneys. Thats why if some shit popped off where I had to get legal representation, I would probably go outside of Raleigh to get a lawyer because the "good ole boy" network is strong down this peice. Good luck though

T

The Arkitekt

damn stress, i hope you get over, especially with the economy so messed up right now

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ha! I think this may be a good thing actually, one of my boys got laid off recently and has made more progress musically in six weeks than he has in the past 6 years! They are really doing some big things too!
So , I know yall will be fine, they will try and drag it out in court though, they may even deny your unemployment benifits and that will have to go to court . But in the end I think you are prolly about to get paid at some point over this. Just keep being Smaht!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i won a lawsuit a few years ago against my old company .. wasnt much only pocketed just around 3g's but honestly i wasnt gonna file a claim at all until my other co-worker who got fired the same week convinced me to file with him. ur case is wwaaaayyy stronger then mine was, mine was basically one word against another and they still settled. it did take awhile though about a year, i damn near forgot about the suit then the lawyer called outta nowhere to offer me the settlement. trust, those companies would rather pay a settlement than go through a drawn out court process .. its less expensive for them in the longrun.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Yeah with unemployment coming in you can atleast crank out some bangers...thats when you'll come up with some of the illest stuff musicwise. Hopefully I will be retired by this time next year because working for the state of NC is grimy also...I've been passed over for job interveiws within the state at other agencies because my boss set up "road blocks" so I could'nt elevate. I mean cats are connected within the state...including local attorneys. Thats why if some shit popped off where I had to get legal representation, I would probably go outside of Raleigh to get a lawyer because the "good ole boy" network is strong down this peice. Good luck though

Government jobs suck, I feel you.

i won a lawsuit a few years ago against my old company .. wasnt much only pocketed just around 3g's but honestly i wasnt gonna file a claim at all until my other co-worker who got fired the same week convinced me to file with him. ur case is wwaaaayyy stronger then mine was, mine was basically one word against another and they still settled. it did take awhile though about a year, i damn near forgot about the suit then the lawyer called outta nowhere to offer me the settlement. trust, those companies would rather pay a settlement than go through a drawn out court process .. its less expensive for them in the longrun.

I've been told by many of my co-workers who have been working for the State for years that the State will settle in a heart beat. New Jersey has been in economic turmoil since the 90's. I'm not lookin to get rich, but I'll see where we stand after a few weeks. I should be done by the end of October.

I already have studio time booked for the next few months,,,working out the details now. Just sucks not having a company car anymore.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Don't worry about it Stress. (I know easier said than done) Everything works out for the best. You'll see. I'm gonna have a bud light and a henny shot for you after work bro, cause that's the kind of ill fam I am. Peace.

members online