So, i had a meeting schedule with an agent last night, Cold's latest moves

ill o.g.
Cold,

Congrats on that man. How do you go to people on a proffesional level? i mean, how did/do you approach them and what do you say. I wouldnt know what to do if i seen somebody like that.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
just..... be cool....... dont be like "yo man im such a fan, man you are dope, i make beats and i want you to hear them..."

trek life, i just emailed him and basically said i respected his work, thought he was ill and wanted to work with him. i told him what i was doin with my lp, that i was talking to a manager and that i am workin on a serious project and trying to really push it. that was that- i showed him some beats from the album, and he was diggin what i had and picked the beat he felt fit him the best.

thing is, if you are approaching serious people makin moves, you got to be serious makin moves. you cant be mad hype, groupie status, comin at em that way.

if you arent going anywhere with your career or have a plan in place and doing things to further that path... you cant expect someone else with talent and hustle to wanna get down with you- that make sense? game recognize game.

now as far as agents and whatnot... man that depends on the situation- with this manager, its the brother of a friend, so that was a hook already and the girl from askdarcie actually approached me because i made a post about the agent on another forum, and said she wanted to help me get prepared for all of this. both of these were unique situations, i didnt have to go out and find these people.

randy jackson, i saw him in the club and shook his hand, said whats up, explained what i did and th situation and asked if i could hit him off with a cd, and that was that. im sure he gets cd's by the hundreds so realistically its not likely he'll give me a call, but in those situaitons you have to be composed and just COOL, dont know how to explain that.

oh, one other thing COPYWRITE YOUR WORK. i cannot emphsize this enough. i am copywriting this cd and i will be copywriting beats once a month, not sure of all the details but once im done i'll post up a tutorial. once your work is copywritten, that is your protection and you can give out cd's and be fairly safe.

thats about all i have to offer advice wise, this phase is all still really new to me.