So I hired an Agent....

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
To shop my music to film and TV, I just don't have time to do it anymore. And as you guys know I have been composing some music for video games. The agent gets a cut of what he sells, and I have no problem with that. Also this guy is an agent by profession, so it seems like a good fit. Hope he rocks it! It's kinda nice to have someone in your corner. Maybe a real manager is next once a bit more money comes in.

oh and happy thanksgiving!

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
He took a VERY small fee up front, by far most of his income will be paid on the deals he does for me. AND I get the check first and pay him out of it. It's a pretty sweet deal. He represents 15 artists ONLY, and he is connected with a bunch of music supervisors. So when he submits my music it is not even unsolicited its people asking him for it! I think it will work out pretty well. I will let you know in a few months how it is going.

He took a VERY small fee up front, by far most of his income will be paid on the deals he does for me. AND I get the check first and pay him out of it. It's a pretty sweet deal. He represents 15 artists ONLY, and he is connected with a bunch of music supervisors. So when he submits my music it is not even unsolicited its people asking him for it! I think it will work out pretty well. I will let you know in a few months how it is going.

Good luck with that!!

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That's awesome that you have someone that makes your submissions unsolicited now...I hope you make a gagillion dollars DP!

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Yea it is going good, it took longer than I thought to get everything in place. Meaning that I needed to get all my music on ASCAP and then get contracts sorted and everything packaged in a nice way that my agent could then shop. So he has not been able to really pound pavement until the last few months (my fault not his), but it has been great. A bunch of opportunities have happened because of it. Also I finally hired a lawyer, and I feel the right lawyer to be in my camp. I think though all this I have learned that it takes a LONG time to build the right team. I am seeking a manager now, but I will take my time and find just the right person. It's a been a crazy ride. But so far, I am making more and more money off music and there are some other amazing things in the works I can't talk about yet!

Great news, Im trying to get some press packs together for our artists, yes its a nightmare I agree, it takes time. But my friend is a good graphic designer, and after hearing some of the old advice from GOD, the MEMBER not the Almighty, I dont converse with dieties, I have a pretty good idea about what to do.
I still want to get into the avenue of licensing instrumentals for tv and film.
Thats where the real money is.

members online