So, i just had a PM conversation with Jin.... 9yes, that Jin)

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Let Him Go!!!!!!

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
I agree with what Dorian Gray stated. He was on the wrong label and because of that he received beats that didn't "fit him." I'm not sure if its just the beat to blame for a lackluster cd though. I disliked it as well. Bought it and returned it. I just don't think overall that he appealed to any "specific" market and its hard to make $$$ and stay alive in the business when your portraying a thug hip hopper and your 1st market is your cultural market (sadly), which for him is asian. Most asians are not thugs, or hip hop baggy dressing wannabes so he failed. I don't really know 2 many people that bought his album or were hyped about like "he's the 1st Asian rapper to make it." I wasn't and I'm asian.

Like Qwerty said though he'll probably come back. I remember when em said he was calling it quits after his second album and also said he'd quit b4 30. Maybe he was lying to make everyone buy his stuff now or maybe he ment it but things change quick. But good looking out Cold Truth. I like people with humility too and want to see them do well but I guess there aren't enough people supporting those types of cats.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Qwerty said:
Exactly, that's my point he is JUST a freestyler, freestyling want make you sell albums if you can't write!

so is chino xl, supernatural, juice.... the list goes on.

people who are "just" freestyle/battle rappers have as great a place as any other artist- if not GREATER- in hip hop. for the simple fact that after the albums, the videos, the stories, the propaganda/hype/marketing and all that... hip hop, at its core is about moving the crowd... its abuot the battle.... those two pieces are inseperable and to be honest its a lot of great studio cats who are cardboard cutouts on stage.....

and anyone who can rock off the top and snap on somebody WELL has skills that will ALWAYS be respected...

i take it you dont listen to the wake up show.. cause thats mostly what that is, is freestyle cats..... no frills, no tricks, no studio magic, no label marketing hype, just a man and a mic destroying the thing.

jin, in my opinion, simply tried to do more then what his skill set is abuot.... so, i care, because artists that are humble and cool with their fans- and you know i told dude i thought the album was corny and he respected the honesty? he said it was refreshing...

and you know what... i dont care if its vanilla ice himself, anybody that can hear somebody tell them their material is corny and tell dude he respects his honesty.... thats a guy i can root for. maybe he'll come back, maybe he'll drop senorita pt 2, maybe i wont like his music from here on out... but i do hope for success for him either way. he seems like a good dude and isnt that who we should root for, wether we are fans or not?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hardboiled said:
Bought it and returned it.

hey where do you buy your music at??? i thought it was a standard everywhere that if it's open you can't return it. i'd buy music all the time if i could return it if it was shitty. that's my excuse for my hiphop torrent raids, that and i'm a broke ass student

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dunno i liked jin from the start and yea his ablum was a bit dissapointing but the dude defiantly still deserves respect and like cold truth said im defaintly rooting for him in the game of life. peace

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
lol...Chrono, I bought and returned it at best buy. Sometimes, but very rarely, if I have the feeling the cd will suck I will carefully open the plastic the cd is in and pull the cd out w/o breaking any stickers than if it sucks I place it back in the plastic find a hotbed to reseal the plastic and wallah new cd!! I don't remember 2 many other cds I did that to besides the Neptunes 1st album which was a piece of crap. If I didn't pay for it I would've thrown it out the window of my car while driving.

But your a student? where at? anyhow if you don't like your music just resell it on Amazon.com. You get pretty decent for it.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
i go to tulsa community college in oklahoma; it's a major step for me getting back at school at 27 with my past. my eyes on a degree outside of hiphop so i can diversafie my opportunity to shine my skills

WORDAMOUPH

NUPHONIX PRODUKTIONS
ill o.g.
I think he got droppes from ruff ryders, and he quit out of dissapointment. I dont Understand how rappers or any musician for that matter can quit. I know when shit gets hard u might have to go another route to be succesful, but music and Hip Hop is a passion a lifestyle not a job, how da f*** can you quit that,

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Seoul P said:
Word to that. Give us asians a chance to show the world what we can do.

And about Jin, I think he quit too early and gave up on everything he could have accomplished.

I'm with you on that. Jin's presence helped Asians a bit, but it will just take a little more time for Asians to blow up on the scene. Peeps from Uptown been bringin heat for a while albeit without much fame in the U.S., Lyrics Born is hot right now, and Drunken Tiger is on tour with Wu Tang (I think).

As far as him quitting too early, it sucks, but he'll be back and even more important he showed the U.S. that Asians can rap.

Ctrl

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
it's a fuckin shame how yall talk about races making the scene. humnas are more alike than most realize. fucks races.... all races. our specie is killing the planet.

members online

No members online now.