So..my beat was stolen and given to Dipset....

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Cam'rox said:
...cuz now i'm paranoid about havin my ish up on soundclick. lemme know.

Me too bro.

...but damn CS, that's some bullshit to the 3rd power. Yall EQ niggas must be doin' it if yall got industry niggas stealin' beats.

-Roy

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
It's sounds the same shit to me!!!

YO WE REALLY GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!

We should spread this shit over the internet. Go on forums and expose them, REALLY. I always thought that if one of us got robbed we should stick together and make it known.

We should send emails to hip hop sites like: allhiphop.com, sohh.com, hiphopgame.com,hiphopdx.com . If were like 50 sending the same email they will probably take in consideration of this.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
4 bars have been taken and 'stiched' together in an audio editing program. that what it sounds like to me.

sAfE.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
yoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! i just listened to the tracks man, they jacked ya ass family. thats fucked up. they probably heard ya shit and had they people redo it the same way. its fucked up cuz its a sample, so you cant sue them for it.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Jimba Frosty said:
see i keep tellin ppl tag every bar of the song and dont have the whole thing up, and NO dls, ppl told me that was dumb, looks like yall just got a reality check. ya boy eq got heat and its a mad shame i didnt belive him till i heard track to track and its pure rip nothings diff AT ALL. and yes ur not safe no matter what u do cos ofcourse theres re doing the beat even with vocal tags and having it non mp3 dl, but thats why i give a short sample of whats good and not post all my shit up on their. hopfully ppl will be more carefull about this and best luck nom with the whole thing. 1!
yo you can tag the entire beat if you wanted to, it aint gonna do shit. when these niggas jack beats, they dont literally download ya shit and use the untagged parts. they just have another producer find the same sample and remake it thats all. for example, look at how jlo jacked the beatnuts. instead of paying them to use their beat she paid the trackmasters to use the same sample and basically recreate the exact same shit.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I agree, but you can still be fucked even if its an original composition if your just a little guy to the labels or industry like most of use are...in the end youl end up wasting mad cash on a lawyer and get fucked regardless....Thats my take....I thnk if u get jacked, yer fucked regardless, but u can fight it alot better if shits 100% OG.....

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
DueceMade Ent. said:
I agree, but you can still be fucked even if its an original composition if just a little guy to the industry like most of use are...in the end youl end up wasting mad cash on a lawyer and get fucked regardless....Thats my take....I thnk if u get jacked, yer fucked regardless, but u can fight it alot better if shits 100% OG.....

Year u good a good point duece either way it would be hard to fight, but like u said its alot easier to fight something if its orginal. WHen its a sample,(not to offend sample cats) but its hard to convince a court something is yours when u got the orginal idea from another source.

class.....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
yo you can tag the entire beat if you wanted to, it aint gonna do shit. when these niggas jack beats, they dont literally download ya shit and use the untagged parts. they just have another producer find the same sample and remake it thats all. for example, look at how jlo jacked the beatnuts. instead of paying them to use their beat she paid the trackmasters to use the same sample and basically recreate the exact same shit.

im not sayin your wrong man, but im just wondering if it would actually be possible to find the exact same sample from just hearing a 4 bar segment.... out of the millions of records out there...

sAfE.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I don't think they could find that sample......I found that sample by sure luck....but like I was sayin before..It's not even about the money....It's just that I should get credit for something I did....

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
that shyt is fuckin wack..its not even like dipset made a good song out of it..damn i hate dem niggas..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
changalang said:
i jsut wanna say that the beats on the most famous classic are crazy as hell, and by the way, the "stupids" beat was also used by juelz santana, they jsut used the same sample on "we run the streets". its a lil diff tho

yeah I know....nomics found out the sample was already used after he did a beat to it....but the beat is way different.....

I don't hate them for using my beat....I hate the fact that I most likely won't get any credit for the beat....

Ok...I found out how they may have gotten the beat....

My cousin works @ JFK (it's an airport in nyc)....he meets a lot of celebrities where he works....he told me he sees producers/emcees all the time....so we gave him a CD of beats (tagged of course) and a business card with Nomics' soundclick address on it.

One day a my cousin approached a producer for roc-a-fella (my cousin said he had the chain to prove it) and gave him the cd....On nomics' soundclick page...there is a link to mine......since my beat wasn't tagged.....The person might have just taken the beat str8 from soundclick.....The beat was old...and I didn't get to tag it at the time.....to make a long story short...I'm sure that's how it happened.....

It's all good though...I'm gonna create a buzz around the net and let people know what's really good......thanks for the support n feeds people.......the game is shiesty indeed....

Peace...

Cs

N

nardo

beat cds 4 people

Unless Its Crew Make Your Beat Cds 125 To 2 Mins Long[ Always] These Cats Will 2 Track Ya In A Sec & Put It Right Out & Shit Try 2 Get At Them Let Them Know U Made The Hot Shit There Spitten On & Letem Know U Got More Heat 4em Dont Play Get Paid ......................dig Or Die...................................................

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
classic said:
Year u good a good point duece either way it would be hard to fight, but like u said its alot easier to fight something if its orginal. WHen its a sample,(not to offend sample cats) but its hard to convince a court something is yours when u got the orginal idea from another source.

class.....
Word up class,,,,I totaly agree.....That should be pretty self explanitory to every beatmaker i hope, cuz whether u flip that sample the meanest of anyone else - your still using someone elses music that took a lot of time and work to create - and just like all of us beatmakers want credit for out masterpieces, so do the people your biting to make your success, its only right, and im a sample guy primarely....thats just the web we weave as a sample artist......Copyrights a bitch aint it!?

Ca$h Pacasso

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo man the same damn thing happened to me. I went to NY to meet with one of their peoples and gave em cd with about 5 beats on it. (Luca Brasi) was the dudes name. He told me he get the cd to Jim, Cam, and Juelz and that he couldnt make no promises on whether they would uses them or not. But he would be using at least one for his Taliban TV part 3 that he had coming out. Dude never got back and then i heard one of my tracks on mixtape with Juelz and Hell Rell on it. And i didnt copywrite the ish. OMG i was sooooo mad. I felt like going up to 145th. and getting it in. But it was a learning experience nevertheless. I didnt care about the track i just wanted to get down with Dipset on some in-house shit. Jim holla at ya boy.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
im not sayin your wrong man, but im just wondering if it would actually be possible to find the exact same sample from just hearing a 4 bar segment.... out of the millions of records out there...

sAfE.
It might be hard of course, but that example of jlo that i used; that sample was so fuckin obscure, but they somehow found it.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Ca$h Pacasso said:
Yo man the same damn thing happened to me. I went to NY to meet with one of their peoples and gave em cd with about 5 beats on it. (Luca Brasi) was the dudes name.

Luca Brasi was a character in The Godfather... wtf?

sAfE.

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
One of my friends is a junior partner in an IP law firm. I can ask him what your remedies are but I'm up in Toronto, Canadian IP/C law might be different than down in the States. He's told me not to ever post any compositions I make on the Internet because you have no saveguards against infringement there. Also to claim infringement is almost impossible because people that post beats never go through the formalities of registering (copyrighting) their compositions. You might want to contact a lawyer in your area that specializes in intellectual property still, cause if you can provide time information regarding the composition that proves you wrote it before J. R. Dickrider stole it from you.

I'm not a law school graduate or anything, but I have copyrighted every beat I've ever made so if you got a question or something holler. It's one thing to make money to buy equipment to make your beats, but you gotta spend a little to protect your intellectual property too. Now that chipmunk J.R. is going to make money off your IP. I hope you can take him on man. You get the right lawyer on your side man, and don't be afraid to fight for what's yours. More times...music business is teefing business too. Know your options first. Then take the action.

Peace.

members online