so no one has ever been contacted by an A&R i here except for 3 people

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well I can believe it, because not necessarily everyone in here wants to make music for the masses. I know a lot of cats here are doing this just as a hobby.

D

Deez

Ya some mc's have that type of personality were it's like "Hey G, hook me up with a beat you're not using, just stuff that I could practice on" and then i'm like "Yo give me some lyrics that you're not using, just so I could practice!!"
Damn it's hard being a producer, having to handle your biz and being creative and... and...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
then u have friends and family who know that u produce, and EVERYBODY'S a rapper now, my grandmother asked me for a beat the other day man and made me feel guilty about wantin to say no by tellin me christmas stories and shit....lol

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
A&R STANDS FOR ARTiST AND REPORTOiRE (i HOPE i SPELLED THAT RiGHT) iTS KiNDA LiKE A TALENT SCoUT FoR A LABEL.

iM GONNA BE iNVOLVED iN A 3-4 HOUR Q&A WiTH RiGGS MoRALES (SHADY RECORDS A&R) oN WEDNESDAY. iF ANYBODY HAS ANY QUESTiONS, SEND EM TO ME CiTYBoYiii@AOL.COM AND iM GoNNA TRY TO PUT iT iN AS AN iNTERViEW HERE oN THE SiTE.
NO "IS EMiNEM A RACiST???" QUESTiONS PLEASE.
CiTY

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Guevara
then u have friends and family who know that u produce, and EVERYBODY'S a rapper now, my grandmother asked me for a beat the other day man and made me feel guilty about wantin to say no by tellin me christmas stories and shit....lol
:lol: , man I havnt even been producin for long at all and already people askin me to hook them up with beats and shit really Im doin it to learn how to do it because the dream employee of any company would be one that can rap,write, and co-produce, aside from that everybody round here wants to jump on my coattails and try to ride me into the industry I aint havin that so i stay on the solo tip and do my thang. What I see alot of between producers and mc's is that everybody tryin to get over on everybody and everybody tryin to make it to the same place. For example an mc would want to buy a beat from a producer who wants to charge him like 1g because he feels that the artist may forget about him if he goes anywhere and the mc wants to try to short change the producer as much as possible just to get the beat because he cant produce himself and noone is going to take you seriously using already popular beats you know when it really comes down to it the mc's and producers really need eachother, why cant we all come together as a hip-hop community and try to helop eachother instead of tryin to screw eachother I HAVE A DREAM....neva mind.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Yea. How do you get contacted? Guevara, how did the whole Riggs Morales thing come about?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
WELL THE RiGGS THiNG JUMPED OFF CUZ IM INVOLVED IN THIS PROGRAM CALLED "THE HiP-HoP PROJECT" iN THE CiTY AND WE MEET LIKE EVERYDAY OF THE DAMN WEEK, MEETINGS AND SHIT, THE WEDNESDAY MEETINGS ARE ALWAYS BUSINESS ORIENTATED ITS CALLED 90/10 (90% BUSINESS 10%MUSIC) WE HAVE GUEST SPEAKERS AND SHIT LIKE THAT, THE ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO RECORD AND RELEASE OUR OWN ALBUM THERE HAS BEEN ONE RELEASED ALREADY ITS ALL WRITTEN PRODUCED MARKETED AND ALL THAT BY US, HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS FROM AROUND THE CiTY AND RiGGS iS JUST oNE OF THE MANY GUEST SPEAKERS WEVE HAD COME THROUGH OVER THE COUPLE YEARS, WE DO A LOT ITLL TAKE ANOTHER THREAD TO COMPLETE THIS PLUG...LOL, BUT YEAH YOU HAVE TO CONTACT AN A&R MOST OF THESE CATS SIT IN THEY OFFICES ALLDAY AFRAID TO DO ANYTHING CUZ ALSO AN A&R'S JOB IS ONLY SECURED BY THE SUCCESS OF THE LAST ARTIST THEY SIGNED, SO MOST OF THE SIT AROUND AFRAID TO MAKE ANY MOVES SO THEY DONT LOSE THEY JOBS, BUT GET THE INDUSTRY CONTACTS, YOU WONT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT IS TO CALL INFORMATION AND ASK FOR DEF JAM, THATS HOW I JOINED THEIR STREET TEAM A FEW YEARS BACK. BUT U GOTTA KNOW THE DEPARTMENT U LOOKIN FOR. BUT U GOTTA STAY IN THESE CATS FACES AND HOUND THEM, THEY NEED TO BE HARRASSED CUZ MOST INDUSTRY HEADS HAVE THAT ADD'S DISEASE (A-D-D, GET IT...LOL) BUT IT BASICALLY DOES COME DOWN TO THE CONTACTS AND THE BUZZ U HAVE, PEOPLE GOTTA KNOW ABOUT U, 9TH WONDER DID THAT GODS STEPSON SHIT AND HE BLEW UP OFF THAT, EVEN THOUGH HE DID THE LITTLE BROTHER ALBUM BUT THAT NAS SHIT GAVE HIM A GLOW.
MY HOMEGIRL HAS HER OWN LABEL AND SHE ATTENDS MANY INDUSTRY FUNCTIONS AND SHES AN INTERN AT ANYGIVEN LABEL ON ANY GIVEN DAY, I JUST RAID HER 2 WAY WHENEVER I FEEL SHE HAS CRAZY CONTACTS, AND SHE LOOKS DAMN GOOD SO IM OFTEN LEFT WITH PERSONAL INFO TOO, I GOT JUST BLAZES HOME NUMBER, I HAVE EVERY NUMBER THAT WILL EVER LEAD TO BUSTA RHYMES, GOT A FEW HOME AND EMAIL ADDRESS THE POWER OF PUSSY, IM GONNA TALK TO FADE ABOUT SETTIN UP A CONTACT SECTION ON HERE...LIMITED TO DEDICATED FORUM MEMBERS.
DONT FORGET IF ANYBODY HAS ANY QUESTIONS FOR RiGGS, GiVE ME A HOLLA.CiTY

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Yoooooo... Thanks for the info Guevara. You should definitely run with the idea for a contact page. Holla at Fade definitely man.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
I HAVE BEEN EMAILED BY 2 A&R ONE FROM CASABLANCA RECORDS... AND FROM ARISTA.. BOTH ONLY RESPONDED 2 MY LAWYER... I EMAILED THEM BACK AND TOLD THEM I HAD REPRESENTATION...

BUT NOTHIN HAPPEND OF THAT YET... WE STILL HAVE THERE INFO... BUT WORD OF ADVICE HAVE YOUR PAPERWORK DONE... THEY WONT MESS WIT YOU UNTILL THEY NO YOU GOT THEY PAPERWORK STRAIT...

E

Equality 7-2521

thanks guevera that was VERY informative

good luck to you and mucka i hope everything goes well

im very keen to know what went down so make sure you post up the interview my man

peace

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
muck u talkin about tommy matolla's casablanca???

mess no problem.
but i still need folks to send me your questions...no questions=no interview.

themucka

ill o.g.
Originally posted by Guevara
muck u talkin about tommy matolla's casablanca???

mess no problem.
but i still need folks to send me your questions...no questions=no interview.

yup not 2 long ago... they are intrested in snopak... they loved count on me... a trk i produced 4 him on my page....

he actually found me on soundclick... when i was holding down nmbr 1 spot for months

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
word, they signed ali vegas, hes from around my way hes dope, i wanna get down wit him, i never understood the rankings at soundclick there be a lot of corney shit um in the 10 spots, but i do remember seein your name on the charts though, when i used to check em

themucka

ill o.g.
ali vegas havent heard him in awhile.... i wanted him 2 hit casablance.. but they still dont ahve that established artist on there label 2 draw attention... they signed staga lee 2... i js actually burnt a copy for my mans 2day he has a meeting wit a arista
a&r

i get tons of offers errytime i promote a trk and take the top spot... but i decided 2 chill untill the next year quarter starts up again jan 2004...then ima hit the streets and the net and the industr heads hard... wit these 2 albums im producing... 1 for urban tactics... and one for my man young funny.. and im start doing some remixes 4 artist...and shop them 2 there labels... have my lawyer handle that...