So u wanna be Signed aye?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Im slowly learning that it may be an absolute career killer to try and shoot to be signed with that goal of a National Status level....Why?.....Well, becuase its a known fact that record contracts kill an artist and that artist is barrowing everything he is provided just to push the album about 99.9% of the time.....Plus, rap artists tend to get the worst contracts, cuz they arent being signed to a Record Labels Contract, what usually happens is the rapper gets singed to a Production contract instead - this is far more taxing to the artist, but i suppose even more beneficial to the producer since u as the producer are basically calling all the shots....I dunno man, plus....even as a Producer - things change dramatically even on a regional level.....I think i would rather comfortably make a living at the higher end of the local /regional level and remain indy without all the strings attached, unless of course i was opted a contract that was simply phenomanal.....but thats really not probable.

Anybody else got some REAL info on this type of artist prediciment for the rapper and/or producer?....This goes to the cats who really kno the industry and are dealing with this shit right now - people who have been inside and seen how things truely opperate in this very fickle industry.

STEEZ

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
when artists realise that the record company needs them as much as they need the record company, there wont be such a scary need to fear record companies and the music biz. its a doggy dog biz..but so is working your way up in an office 9-5 job.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yo this british group "dirty diggers" got signed but i read an interview on ukhh and they said they had to get "proper" job still....

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
then ^^^ obviously their cntract was pants..so why sign it in the first place? is it all about getting signed? or signing the RIGHT deal

bassic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i think its all fucked up man its hard it really is and if ur not willin too put ur effort in nothin will work the companys r bout makin cash off the producer or the artist they aint bothered bout wot they want