So what's with this Kendrick Lamar guy?

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
He is different from what is normally accepted by mainstream music. I like him,but personally liked his Section .80 better
funny, section.80 is the only one that i haven't liked. kendrick is dope, but they're hyping him up to the point where he's about to be over exposed. the new album is nice though. he's a storyteller, so all of the songs on the album flow together like a movie.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
funny, section.80 is the only one that i haven't liked. kendrick is dope, but they're hyping him up to the point where he's about to be over exposed. the new album is nice though. he's a storyteller, so all of the songs on the album flow together like a movie.
YEP!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
He has everyone at Interscope behind him. My theory is this album establishes Kendrick as a true "artist" in the realm of Nas or Jay-Z. Afterward, they will likely capitalise and bring in the commercial tracks.

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
I'm one of those old school "Real Hip Hop" dudes that young guys probably consider old as fuck (even tho I'm under 40) cause I still like Krs One, and Kool G Rap & I still listen to a majority of hip hop that came out in the late 80's, early 90's . There isn't too much new music or many new artists that I really really like but I can say without a shadow of a doubt Kendrick Lamar's Section 80 was Ice Cold Dopeness to me!!!! I haven't heard the album yet but Section 80 is dope dope!!!!

DjDromance

Battle Points: 1
K-Dot has got to be one of my favorite artists in the mainstream spotlight now. I followed him from Section.80 and his mixtape O.verly D.edicated. He offers a variety of flows and lyrical concepts that speak much louder than 90% of other mainstream rappers. Good Kid, Maad City is simply amazing. Don't just listen to "Swimming Pools," even though it's still a great song. "Money Trees" and "Bitch, Dont Kill My Vibe" are my favorite tracks.

I think TDE and Black Hippy are KILLIN it. Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock, and Ab-Soul not only release solid tracks, but do phenomenal features on big name artists' tracks.

Pelle0809

I think TDE and Black Hippy are KILLIN it. Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock, and Ab-Soul not only release solid tracks, but do phenomenal features on big name artists' tracks.

Yeah, the whole TDE movement is crazy, not only great rappers, but they also have one of dopest production teams with Digi+Phonics.
good kid, m.A.A.d City is an amazing album, but I like most of Ab-Souls music better though

I've been listening to his new album like a crazy person lately "B*tch Don't Kill My Vibe" is a permanent fixture in my current playlists. I'm a big 90s hiphop fan and his sound is very reminiscent of the good old days of hip hop. I would definitely recommend him...especially if ur not a fan of mainstream really.

Don't lie, u loved it!lol I've noticed the off beat kinda sound too, I think the hype around him is cuz the game is so stagnant ppl go crazy when they hear something "new". I suppose if I have to listen to mainstream music (which isn't my thing but I'm a hip hop dance instructor, it comes w the job) here's a good place to call "aboveground" home.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I fuck with dude a lot, but if we talkin the new generation. Ie people my age(22-25) I gotta go with KRIT over kdot.

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't lie, u loved it!lol I've noticed the off beat kinda sound too, I think the hype around him is cuz the game is so stagnant ppl go crazy when they hear something "new". I suppose if I have to listen to mainstream music (which isn't my thing but I'm a hip hop dance instructor, it comes w the job) here's a good place to call "aboveground" home.

true not much to like kendrick is nice, not sure if he would be a big player in the 90s though

No, but if it were the 90s we wouldn't be do deprived of diverse mainstream music that we wouldn't have a need to find underground value in ppl like Kendrick Lamar...maybe there's not much to love but there's certainly nothing no dislike. Good summer music.

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel you, hes nice still!

Funny how the westcoast used to be super gangster, no lyrics and now the westcoast is skater, hippie, lyrics.

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
EDIT**** The production on his new record is crazy, its so good. Betas for everyone from down south, classsic westcoast to some jazzy blues.

Its great. Ad libs. The way he raps and changes up his flow and voice to the sound effects

8.5/10 as of right now

EDIT**** The production on his new record is crazy, its so good. Betas for everyone from down south, classsic westcoast to some jazzy blues.

Its great. Ad libs. The way he raps and changes up his flow and voice to the sound effects

8.5/10 as of right now

I'm glad u came to see it my way...they always do ❤

members online