so, you think the Beat Thang's a toy?

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
look: i guess we could sit here and analyze all day.. but for me, watching that video made me wanna buy one.
Now Im not claiming that my desire to purchase the product is entirely justified in terms of price versus spec and how the BT compares to similar products in the market blah blah blah.. but fuck it.. the shit is cool.. and it looks cool.. and Im not suggesting you buy musical equipment based on aesthetics alone, however i do believe that the shinier the toy, the more likely you are to play with it. plus the portability and battery situation, suits me to a T.
But like i said before, i still wanna know about the quality of the sounds it comes with.. oh and the free upgrade for life situation is a MAD bonus.. especially after hearing that dude ramble on about all the new functions they wanna add in..
i guess at the end of the day it comes down to taste and how you wanna spend your money..

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
yes... i know this, just like the MPC.. but its still 4x4, 16 pads... i always wanted it in keyboard form since i came from the xylophone... i automatically know what notes to play...

you can play maschine with a midi keyboard. i have maschine and a usb keyboard connected to the pc, and the keyboard has the currently active pad laid out across five octaves. but it is a pc and two controllers.

however, i'm not getting into beat thang thang. *sitsdownwaitsforLINNDRUMII*^^

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well...I see how the BT can really be awesome...I do like the portability factor with it...making beats on the road would be dope, but you can do that with a laptop.....

I wanna see how this thing works in the "real world".

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
yeah for me, the thing that interested me about it from the beginning, was being portable. Not just taking it everywhere, but being able to break away from the computer and make beats on the couch, or outside while I'm grilling lol, seriously, other than that, it doesn't do a bunch of new stuff, but seems to do enough to be useful for making beats.

The fact that it uses sd cards and is supposed to do some type of loading where your samples load as fast as internal sounds is cool too.

no, this isn't replacing maschine for me, or bpm, especially with BPM and it's uvi/motu libraries.

But this is something to give that hands on, when I don't feel like messing with the computer type flow.

But it all remains to be seen, I'm really trying hard to get them to send me a beta unit to really test, if not, I'll have to check it at the stores when it drops.

It's not the end all machine, just another option, and some of the features make it a good options for some folks. I just always wanted a "drum machine" like product, that I could also load my own sounds in, I used to rock the boss dr-5 or the yamaha qy-100 on batteries and man that's a nice thing.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i want the Linn Drum as much as the next man... but im hearin a $3000 price tag right now.. im done with those type of prices... and honestly, the BT was scraping my limit... and the Linn as i know, is bigger, and not portable.

http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products/linndrum2/index.shtml

looks nice tho.

da relic

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
yea, if the LDII is ever going to be released...but if it was, you can be sure it would be rock solid and sound incredible, because that guy does not settle for average. if it was 3k and worth it, i'd buy. look at the new mpcs, they're quite cheap, but of low quality material too.

i like the idea of portable beat making tho. definitely a plus for the beat thang.

members online