software bandwagon(I'm jumping on it)

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I never dealt with anything on the software tip, but this dudes spot I was over had Acid Pro, he did his lil beats by using the preset drums and samples he just loaded of of CD into it. Dont really wanna got that route but I was blown away by the quick and easy editing, I played with it for a minute, but didn;t really go thru it good, but I know I want something on this tip in my arsenal, this would save my hours on time.

My question is this, in your opinion what is the best program for editing and mixing, I'm looking for a system where I can run my insruments into the computer, so I know that involves soundcard and all that. But out of the jungle of shit out there what has the best mixing . I want to be able to run at least 5 or so effect per channel. and I need something that can support about 16 input. Then burn to CD,

Protool ,Acid , and whatever

What should I get? and why, and how much will the whole shabang hit be for.

I been going thry previous thread getting ideas, so don;t say that shit unless you got a link for me. Thanks

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Right now I dont have the computer to put it on , To me it seems like you have to have a plug in for every effect that you want, is that true, if so what exactly is a plug in. and is a soundcard something you connect to your computer to be able to plug in /4 jack from your instruments.
explain like I'm dumb cause I am when it comes to computer based stuff

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So acid pro doesnt come with effect/plugins. You have install each effect you want to have access to,. Are those group or individuals, like 10 different reverbs per plug ins. or is it one type per plug in.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Soundboy2,

Do you have any hardware that you'd like to use?

Take care,

Nick