Software for my iMac

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just made a switch to iMac from a Windows platform.

I used FL Studio for production and Adobe Audition for recording vocals on my Windows platform. I also messed with Reason a little bit.

I'm interesting in finding out which sequencers are good to use on Mac and what's a good/not too involved application for recording vocals.

Thanks.

damird

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
One question about Reason, since i've used it on my Windows platform. When I try to buy it on their website, propellerheads.se i believe, it doesn't give me an option to buy Reason for Mac, but just Reason in general. Does this mean that there is no specific version for Mac, Reason just works on both platforms?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
The only thing Mac has up on windows is Logic, in my opinion. Cuz pro tools, sonar, reason, fl, audition, etc. works on both operating systems. So if you want the exclusiveness, fuck wit Logic

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Um are you crazy, Fruity, Audition and Sonar are WINDOWS ONLY!

Mac only programs include Logic, Digital performer, Peak, Soundhack. Final cut, Motion, Soundtrack pro, Shake. Also pro tools works better on a mac, I am not biased its just the truth.

On another note it seems silly to pick your platform first and then your software. That makes no sense. Pick what software you want to use and then use what ever platform it works on.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
thedreampolice said:
Um are you crazy, Fruity, Audition and Sonar are WINDOWS ONLY!

Then every studio i've been in must have found a way around the system... weird. actually there are a few cases of macs running those programs, i suppose its just a crack, but either way they run flawlessly as i have seen and read, so my response stands..

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Ok let me clarify, they dont run natively on OSX, You can load windows XP on a mac now, you can also emulate windows with 3rd party software but the performance is terrible. You cant just "get around" software being written for a different platform. Thats like saying I just "got around" the requirement for unleaded fuel in my car and I now use diesel. sorry it does not work that way. Maybe "every studio" you have ever been in had 2 computers hooked up to one monitor? hmm also here is a link to the system requirments for each program mentioned. Noticed ANY mac support?

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/System.asp

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/systemreqs.html

http://www.flstudio.com/documents/SUB_74.html

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Naw - Boot Camp runs WINDOWS natively on Mac hardware. The software runs on WINDOWS. That's what I'm trying to say.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Right, thus my sentence "you can load windows XP on a mac now" also read re my other sentence that says "they dont run natively on OSX" If you dont know OSX is the apple operating system that ships on all macs. But I have a mac and a PC, I dont want to have to reboot just to use Samplitude. %95 of my work is spent in OSX in fact I dont even have a intel mac so I cant load XP.

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Just for the record... Acid is also on Windows only... And AudioDesk is only on Mac... just to add two more to the lists of exclusives