Software samplers

M

maverick

When I´m making beats I´m using Halion when I sample, I was wondering if there´s someone here that uses any other program that might be better ?

Peace.

M

MIKELABZ

goldwave is a small program that only takes up about 1 MB of cpu space its like windows media player on steroids... cut copy paste trim... all that

http://goldwave.com

and its free

L-Rock

fastlance

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if your looking to "HIPHOPLOOPSAMPLE" you should use intakt or the phatmatikpro

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i use kontakt..complex envelopes...filtering and all that is really easy.

nn-xt on reason isnt to bad either. but kontakt is like a sp1200 with or without the low bit rate

H

Haterade

I've heard Kontakt is the shit- don't know, but I use Halion also, and it's pretty damn flexible... Reason's NN-XT is pretty nice too, alot easier than the Halion interface in my opinion...

...but then again, software synths still sound thin- they just ain't fucking with my S5000! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

-BigHates

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
What's wrong with Cool Edit Pro 2.0?

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I edit the sample in cool edit, then open it up in fl with the sampler.

Decibal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Oh yes, I also have Kompakt, but it doesn't get used much anymore because I bought it's big bro Kontakt. I still use the samples that Kompakt came with tho. Most people that have both say that Kompakts' samples are better.

Peace

Decibal

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Sampletank 2. THE BEST. i own both Sampletank 2 and Kontakt... the effects section in sampletank is unmatched by any sampler on the market. point blank. kontakt WAS king.... and now is far from it in my book. i will hook you up with my knotakt discs for $125 big ones if you want that though.... but if you spent a week with sampletank, you wouldnt want another unl;ess you had a need for EMU sounds (which kontakt doesnt do to my knowledge) or GIGA (kontakt does use giga) but thats it.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
sampletank has FAR more editing/effects options in it, not to mention the rock-solid library it comes with from the jump. so yeah, the effects and options are why i think sampletank is better. plus, ease of use and intuitive conrol are much better and easier to pick up then halion or kontakt (i have all three so i can speak from experience) and the effect really do make an enourmous difference.

members online

No members online now.