Some of the realest words spoken by an emcee

• beat this! voting starts in...

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbmTj-u1LMg"]Talib Kweli PSA on a "Lil Wayne Sucks" T-Shirt LIVE - YouTube[/ame]

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
consider for a moment its not dick riding...just allow yourself to entertain the possibility that these people are being genuine... the man gained NOTHING by stopping his show to say that.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Preemo had similar comments about Lil Jon 'Uh Lil Jon ... yea he's not as Hip Hop as me but I respect him for being a fan of Gangstarr and knowing the history of Hip Hop"....

Why all the d riding? I hate this political correct "HipHopcrisy "

Idk about Preemo, but the more I hear Talib off the record (Literally, outside of music) the more I understand that he doesnt take himself as seriously as his reputation would allude. He promoted "Gettin money" and some other things. He's just not the "Anti" sort of person, he inclusive and community based. He's gonna find a way to flip and fold something into his vision in a way.

Preem may have been completely political though. i didnt see the footage but I think just by hearing, he was lol (Link?)

Now someone trueschool, and militant, coming out will get looks from me. But these guys brands of handling biz in public isnt to denounce, or push away really. imo

Also remember, this is the anti-beef age. Any negative words about someone else is frownd apon. (Everybody is so focused on haters, the mere mention of an artist being one is enough to turn the community against him lol)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
lmao @ mono...hahaha!

I respected all of his speech until he said "if you don't like it, don't fuking listen to it"...the problem with that statement is - it's obvious that he doesn't like what ever is being said about "lil pain" but he stops in the middle of a show to comment on it...(hypocritical statement).Nobody gives a damn about the differences in their parents or their geographical up bringing...lol.

But this was still a dope find.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
lmao @ mono...hahaha!

I respected all of his speech until he said "if you don't like it, don't fuking listen to it"...the problem with that statement is - it's obvious that he doesn't like what ever is being said about "lil pain" but he stops in the middle of a show to comment on it...(hypocritical statement).Nobody gives a damn about the differences in their parents or their geographical up bringing...lol.

But this was still a dope find.

Good point, kinda dampens his pov lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
yeah DOX, I really hate it when someone tries tell you what "NOT" to do from a genuine standpoint, but they're actually "doing it" themselves in a sort of retaliation to what somebody else is doing...go figure! I understand using your status to make a point but atleast come correct with it...lol

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I'm the dopest deejay and producer on planet earth and I respect all you short-bus ridding retards @ ILL for admiring me. Thanks fellas ! When Relic was 10 he came up to me and said I was an inspiration to him. If you don't feel his shit then don't listen to it.

No I said you was a big IRRITATION to me, your ego turned it into inspiration to me..
DAANNG I hate when I get misquoted ! LOL

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Kweli gained nothing for saying what he said at that show...

I'm not a big Wayne fan.....He does have some hit records, and he does say quite a few witty lines.

The dude has been around since he was like 14....Not many artists stick around long when they start that early.

But it's true...if you don't like his music, don't listen to it... support your favorite artists, buy their music.....

His music is geared towards a specific listener, just like Talib Kweli's music is geared towards specific listeners. Wayne's listeners are the masses, most of those who don't know shit about hip-hop....

I don't hate on Wayne...he's here to make money.....

Kweli is here to make money, too.... Otherwise you wouldn't pay for his concerts, they'd be free.

The worst thing to happen to hip-hop wasn't the internet....It was the success. When those big execs saw a cash cow...they bought into it and commercialized the shit out of it, dictating what could and could not be put in albums. These execs didn't have the history and the essence of hip-hop in mind when they developed these business plans for their artists.

That's why labels like Loud and Rawkus went under. They tried to keep it as hip-hop as possible, but it wasn't lucrative enough.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.