Some things are better left alone!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Somethings are better left alone and we see it all around us. I mean to each's own but its getting outta hand.

I saw Rod Stewart singing "LoveTrain" (the old themesong for SOULTRAIN) on TV today and it sounded gay as heyell. He didnt do the song any justice whatsoever!

Mohawks are slowly going out and flat top fades are coming back in? Who is making this ish fashionable?

Tight leg, sagging pants? Name one thing gayer?

This is proof that we should think independantly and not follow others IMO. Whats next a Lil Wayne/Beatles colab? What things shouldnt be touched in your opinion?

dac

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye Songs should never be sung by anyone who hasnt won a grammy.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
True words Dac. Since it's Christmas time, there's a song by Nathalie Cole "Grown Up Christmas List" off the David Foster album, she did an amazing job on it. The song was "re-done" a few years ago by Kelly Clarkson. Just shoot me now, that version is horrible. Some songs you just don't touch, hell, some ARTISTS you just don't touch. Nobody should ever attempt to do a Beatles song for example.

As for fashion, I don't know why people follow trends - just wear what you're comfortable in. Some stuff is ridiculous:
  • 1 pant leg up
  • Pants so far off your ass it looks like you took a dump
  • Girls showing their thong crack

Shit like this:
Asian Gangsta.jpg

And I just thought I'd throw this pic in for fun:
Stresswon Marley.jpg

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye Songs should never be sung by anyone who hasnt won a grammy.

Fo Sho! granted...some can do an amazing job but most do more harm than good. Some Luthur, some Patti LaBelle, even some old Prince ish shouldnt be attempted.

True words Dac. Since it's Christmas time, there's a song by Nathalie Cole "Grown Up Christmas List" off the David Foster album, she did an amazing job on it. The song was "re-done" a few years ago by Kelly Clarkson. Just shoot me now, that version is horrible. Some songs you just don't touch, hell, some ARTISTS you just don't touch. Nobody should ever attempt to do a Beatles song for example.

As for fashion, I don't know why people follow trends - just wear what you're comfortable in. Some stuff is ridiculous:
  • 1 pant leg up
  • Pants so far off your ass it looks like you took a dump
  • Girls showing their thong crack

Shit like this:
View attachment 2879

And I just thought I'd throw this pic in for fun:
View attachment 2880

Cosign, cosign, and cosign on all of the above... That LL, one pant leg up ish looks about as stupid as he did with it.

Pants that sag too low...Makes a 6 foot person look like he's 5ft of body and 1ft of legs. WTH is cool about looking deformed or out of proportion?

SMH,

dac

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
The style of the pant leg up was actually to keep the grease from the chain stainin ya pants if u were riding a bike.

These styles are gay. I mean when i was a kid, we wore baggy shit and all that, but the shit today looks GAY. Its the style I guess. Thank god my son wont wear that shit.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Interesting topic!

Weren't baggy pants popularized because of the lack of belts in prison? Then it suddenly became cool after people started sporting baggy pants. Anyways, if you ever get into a fight with someone wearing baggy pants, all you have to do is yank them down and its an instant win!

I agree with everything said, lots of shit should not be touched, music wise or otherwise...

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Interesting topic!

Weren't baggy pants popularized because of the lack of belts in prison? Then it suddenly became cool after people started sporting baggy pants. Anyways, if you ever get into a fight with someone wearing baggy pants, all you have to do is yank them down and its an instant win!

I agree with everything said, lots of shit should not be touched, music wise or otherwise...

I remember watching an episode of Judge Mathis he said guys who sagged in prison were advertising. No need to go into anymore detail LOL

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Haha, now there's another perspective, interesting...!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The style of the pant leg up was actually to keep the grease from the chain stainin ya pants if u were riding a bike.

True, but I think LL started all that shit or whatever, then I heard you pull up the right leg if you're from the East Coast lol.

Ya the saggy pants thing is too much. Now they even make them low cut on purpose for the women! But for the guy stuff, I hate the tight shit, that's not a guy thing at all. Like this:

manskinny.jpg hip hop pants.jpg

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I dont even care anymore, i mean...it admittedly bothers the fuck outa me when I see a grown man wearing his wifes pants for personal reasons but ever since highschool i remember fools trying to fit in and be cool wearing the same dumb shit as everyone else. This is basically just continual proof that you should just do YOU and not try so hard to fit in. The world would be a much better place if we all did IMO.

The irony is you automatically set yourself apart and look more original if you just wear what you dig and dont follow the stupid annual trends.

I remember watching an episode of Judge Mathis he said guys who sagged in prison were advertising. No need to go into anymore detail LOL

Thats the story I know, that its how "prison bent" people advertise for some bum fun.
You wont ever see me with my arse hanging out.
This is a good thread. It highlights the stupidity of people that follow fashion rebardless of where it came from or what it represents, just because they have been told its cool.
In my last job, while we were out in town we were always telling kids that they need a belt. It was fun. Especially when you do it in all seriousness, then crack up at the end. Pointing and calling them queers.
Ahhh the good ole days.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Yeah thats were the baggy jeans came from. But it kills me that the young kids dont have any originality. When I was in highschool, I went one day wearin baggy shit wit tims, then another day wit some straight leg pants, button up and some Doc Martins. Always tried to keep it fresh

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Baggy = coolish , saggy = DORKISH GAYISH..
I really dont get the whole wearing your pants around your kneees trend thinking your cool.
I mean your not, fo eons peoples pants falling down is comedy , period.
THEN you get a whole generation of nimnods waddling around with 5 layers of boxers each one saggin over the other and their pants around their knees...
Literally WADDLING like they have shitty diapers on. And have the NERVE to wanna be a thug/criminal..
I still think the cops somehow made this look cool, cuz you aint going no where too fast with one hand holding your crotch trying to hold your pants up while you try and run looking cool and getting nabbed like a mofo.
Next your in jail, oh look theres some guys saggin over there dressed out too!
They must be cool too lemme go and ... OOOHH NNOOOooooooo!

Seriously, baggin is okay with me, but I have seen some VERY extreme examples of saggin that left me almost crying with laughter....its just NOT cool looking ..at all, and the fact these dudes thinkin it is , to me , makes it triple funnier!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Dreadlocks MUST go! Im sure someone isnt going to agree with me on this but really...the fad is OUT! I guarantee you there are more cats with dreads that DO NOT know their significance than there are that do. When those geeky little cats that were trying to find who they really are start sporting dreadlocks and claiming "its their time to rise" its usually a good indication that its time to move on. If you have children or old enough to have children with dreads, CUT YOURS OFF!

The persona behind wearing dreads is NOT thug'n, nor is it spiritual, nor is it cool, it is one of those things better left alone.

dac

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Dreadlocks MUST go! Im sure someone isnt going to agree with me on this but really...the fad is OUT! I guarantee you there are more cats with dreads that DO NOT their significance than there are that do. When those geeky little cats that were trying to find who they really are start sporting dreadlocks and claiming "its their time to rise" its usually a good indication that its time to move on. If you have children or old enough to have children with dreads, CUT YOURS OFF!

The persona behind wearing dreads is NOT thug'n, nor is it spiritual, nor is it cool, it is one of those things better left alone.

dac

All one needs to do is go to one of those university hippy/greenpeace sympathizer meetings and it's guaranteed at least 75% sport dreads...

Attachments

• dreadlocks.jpg
    dreadlocks.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 122

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
^^^ hahaha PUG where'd you cop that pic of Relic?
nah but the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw this pic was Relic sitting in a courtroom...lol

**running for safety!!!**

dac

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
: ................... .. ... /´ /)
.................... ..,../¯ ..//
.................... ..../... ./ /
.................... ..,/¯ ..//
.................... ./... ./ /
............./´¯/' ...'/´¯`•¸
........../'/.../... ./... ..../¨¯\
........('(...´(... ....... ,~/'...')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\

I keeps a low cut. Got friends who have been growing dreads since before it was a trend though.
They BLAS ya blod clot!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
hahaha yah maan, me keep dem rostas close an near me also. Me tink dey deep in me pockets but dey mi boys fo shores! Whad da deal bum bah clot?

dac