Sonar 5 or Protools m-powered

obbie1

ill o.g.
Im currently using sonar 2 xl and propellerheads reason 3.0. Im thinking of upgradding to protools m-powered or sonar 5. Any advice on witch to buy. Sonar or M-powered

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
from what i've heard, pro-tools well not really help (in terms of sound quality) unless you get all the hardware. if it's just a program that you need. go with the latest sonar and you're good.

GRAE Eminence

ill o.g.
Im currently using sonar 2 xl and propellerheads reason 3.0. Im thinking of upgradding to protools m-powered or sonar 5. Any advice on witch to buy. Sonar or M-powered

I wouldnt go so far as to call a move from Sonar 2 to Protool M an upgrade. In my opinion, Sonar 6 is leagues ahead of Protools LE and M-Powered. Atleast for my purposes anyway.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i've never used sonar so im not guna comment on that, i use pro tools (m-powered, le , and HD) all the time and thats what im used to if its just for your home studio and your used to sonar id stick with that if u want to go onto professional studios use pro tools bcoz learning now will save learning it later !

members online