song themes !

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
I was listening to the radio today and the new pharoahe monch song came on ! and its good but it got my wondering does it annoy you when you have a song where the chorus and verse have absolutely no relationship to each other, the chorus is on about i want your body baby and in the verse hes just talking about how hes the best mc etc !

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
yeah there's definitely not enough continuity in alot of songs i'm hearing recently. not even in chorus/verses but just a jump in subject matter every single line. get's a little annoying.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Well I think thats what audiences want...BS hooks they can sing to but the only way an MC can get their lyrical skill heard is just disguise the song..
I have been thinkin heavily about doing this lately...I agree that its irratating as hell, but people want stupid hooks , if your better than that hook substance then why not say somthing in the actual verse..??
If people want the song to sing the hook then maybe at some point the substance of the verse will rub off.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
https://www.illmuzik.com/vip/viceverse_bodybaby.m3u

Here's the song you're talking about............

I listened to it a couple times, I think his rhyme was going off the first part of the hook where he says "I got just what you want"......the rest of it sounds like he's trying to mimic that old singing style, and he says you want MY body baby......

but as for hooks not matching songs, that's been going on for a looong time. I am not as bothered by it anymore...as i used to be, I kinda just take the song if it sounds dope or not.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
thats hip hop nowadays lol .... that been goin on for along time....theres sssssooooooo many songs like that ........even in other genres... lean back is a good example .. from the hook its a party song but fat joes verses are actually on some gangsta shit and he dont even talk about partying at all. thing is the hook is what the young people and the girls pay attention to so if u got catchy hook u can say what u want in the verses....

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
thats hip hop nowadays lol .... that been goin on for along time....theres sssssooooooo many songs like that ........even in other genres... lean back is a good example .. from the hook its a party song but fat joes verses are actually on some gangsta shit and he dont even talk about partying at all. thing is the hook is what the young people and the girls pay attention to so if u got catchy hook u can say what u want in the verses....

You know i really never noticed Joe's lyrics on that song until 2good did a remix up on here. I was like dayumn, dude came with some heat on the rhymes. Those catchy beats and hooks can be distracting from the verses sometimes.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
no i realise its been going on for a long time but just listening to that particular song reminded me of it, don't get me wrong i like the song the chorus is really good but its like why not talk about something related in the verse ! ? a good mc should be able to cover any subject and still sound lyrical !

members online