Sony ACID Needs A Makeover

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
First, Is everyone who uses ACID happy with it?

I am. But one thing bothers me... IT LOOKS SO BLAND!!! The program has looked the same since ACID 3.0! I know some might say it's about the the functionality not the look. Why can't we have both? I been spending a lot of time looking at other programs other beat makers use. I really dig how GarageBand looks. Even Ableton Live offers the option of choosing different themes.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
U said it but I'll say it again...how it functions is what matters the most )))unless((( it's your "go to DAW", I only use ACID 7 for certain things not as my main DAW...so for me.....it's aiight "as is"

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
its good wit me cause i'm staring at it for 2-5 hours a day and its easy on the eyes and not distracting(best reason)

DaWorldFamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yes u are right..i have used acid for a while and every version looks the same...but i wouldn't trade it for anything else because of it's user friendly feel.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I would like to see a dark theme added - as it's quite hard to work with in the early mornings with the bright silver for long periods, simliar to the old Cool Edit 2 before they renamed.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
you could always dim your screen

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
you mean the screen or how the program functions. when it starts actin funky I usually restart the computer: reloads resources, rests my ears, and I get alittle sumptin sumptin to snack on. Everybody wins!

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
what i dont like about the change from 6 to 7 is now the wav or mp3 label is always showing and it gets in the way sometimes.