Soooooooo its cool as long as you dont wear heals????WTF....

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Source: sohh.com

With the recent trend of rap stars like Lil Wayne and Kanye West getting slammed for rocking women's attire in public, a few fashion experts have now weighed in on hip-hop's latest, puzzling hip-hop trend.

Jewelry brand Lia Sophia's owner Elena Kiam said rappers rocking her women's accessories has come to her surprise.

Elena Kiam, the owner and creative director of the jewelry brand Lia Sophia, says initially she was surprised to see her women's line embraced by some of rap's top acts like 50 Cent, P. Diddy and Snoop Dogg, who has worn her pieces in music videos and on magazine covers. "When we were designing these really beautiful, sparkly necklaces, we thought more for top editors, maybe a celebrity movie star. We really weren't thinking about hip-hop," said Kiam, who also said Beyoncé, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus have worn her designs. "There was a rapper wearing the same piece as a soccer mom from Ohio," she added. (ABC News)

Celebrity stylist June Ambrose said some rappers are able to pull off select women items.

Of Lil Wayne's much-talked about decision to sport a pair of boxer-revealing, black-and-white leopard print pants during the VMAs, she acknowledges his attire was "eccentric, but you know, he's a rock star and pulls it off extremely well. "Fashion should be as unisex as it is right now. It's probably the most unisex we've seen it," she said. West, hip-hop's ultimate metrosexual who will debut his own fashion collection in Paris next week, wore a flowing, long-sleeved women's shirt designed by French-based fashion house Celine earlier this year at Coachella. "I think it's acceptable if you're not wearing a pair of heels with it and you're not wearing lipstick and neither of these guys did that," said Ambrose, who has styled Jay-Z, Diddy and Will Smith. "They treat fashion like it is art." (Times Union)

Recently, pop star Justin Bieber confessed to rocking women's clothing in the past.

Bieber, the 17-year-old pop phenomenon, acknowledges he has rocked women's jeans because of their suitable fit. "I think I've worn women's jeans before because they fit me better," he told The Associated Press at a recent fashion event. "I just think that whatever works, works." (Washington Post)

Although they may not be considered just for women, former Bad Boy Records' artist Black Rob told SOHH skinny jeans are not a hot trend in 2011.

"I guess them skinny jeans are cold. N*ggas need to come up out of that. Come on out of that, man. I see the dudes in front me me and they don't have skinny jeans on. My dudes around me don't have them on. That's just some industry sh*t."

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
That shit is extra 'mo.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
lol all thats left is tongue rings and high heels (As Krazy said)

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
The future of Hip Hop:

6a00d8341c5d9653ef012876b1a21b970c.jpg

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Guys...its the 80's again...it started with the rope chains in 03, then the big glasses, aviators, ray ban wayfarers, shit even carreras had a huge come back...now that whole androginous scene has been creepin up in hip hop since them east coast guys made it cool to wear lady jeans! I mean its nothing to freak out about...I mean yall fuck with rick james right? Google image that fucker...homie used to rock some shit that makes kanye and beirber look like ( insert your favorite man's man here)...or how bout prince? Both them dude wore heels!

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Yea but in Rick's defense and I quote "cocaine is a hell of a drug".... I'm a grown ass man dawg (cedric the entertainer's voice) 70's 80's I don't care, There's a men's clothing isle for a reason, but the women's isle is offlimits unless your THAT DUDE, next niggas gonna be voguing. I swear Rass Kass Said it the best on core audience "if next week the new fad was hiphop fags you'd find a lot of hardcore niggaz in DRAG"

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
And I was thinking about this, this morning, that during the 70's theres a few pics but people were able to reinvent themselves and it was lost to a few people's memories. But now, in the net age, and the advent of Facebook, twitter, flicker etc, Pictures last FOREVER. So those mowhawks, tight jeans, and whatever else will be out there permenantly for all to see

true Krazy

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
No...because we're not fans of his masculinity, we're fans of his music.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
American fassion very, very, predictivly changes every ten years...this is just one cycle...remember charlie murphys prince skit on dave chapelle? He said something akin to if you were that dude thugged out in the 90s the 80s version of you was wearing lipstick cause thats what the bitches were into

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Wow...just goes to show how long Dre been in the game...lmao.

members online