Souljah Boy & Ice-T going at it!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
That was the best joint he ever did and even then I just didnt like his delivery. I mean back then I was copping everything dope but I never fucked with Ice because of his delivery...Too Short was another cat I didn't fuck with. NWA ws the cats that came with that lyrically tightness out of the West Coast.

That was the best joint he ever did and even then I just didnt like his delivery. I mean back then I was copping everything dope but I never fucked with Ice because of his delivery...Too Short was another cat I didn't fuck with. NWA ws the cats that came with that lyrically tightness out of the West Coast.
I have to agree to this to a certain extent, Ice T's biggest track "Cop Killer" wasnt even a hiphop track, it was a rock track. Although the courts attacked hiphop, the track was a rock tune. I wasnt a major fan of Ice T, but I think he did some good tracks, and I bumped a few of his tunes.
In terms of the history of hiphop, he is a legend, simply due to the fame and publicity gained by the track Cop Killer, which I repeat wasnt even a hiphop track. In the early days of hiphop it gained mainstream popularity by being controversial, thats when white kids started hearing about it and listening to it but most importantly buying it.
He helped to pave the way for hiphop into a mainstream market, period. Like him personally or not.
Im surprised this bullshit beef has gotten this far, Ice T attacked Soulja Boy's manhood, Soulja Boy has felt the need to respond to this dent in his manliness. That act alone tells me that he was hurt by it, one thing kids these days dont seem to understand is respect those that paved the way for you, like them or not, just pay them their dues.
I agree with agent smith, the industry these days is about milking as much from an artist before they burn out, the tours can be hectic. I dont think we will be hearing much from soulja boy in the future, novelties wear off, and we are in an age of novelty of which soulja boy is a product..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Well it IS Bizarre, but really I felt the same way Ice did the first time I heard soulja boy.
I like the record NOW because it will make the kids donce at a party, thats about it.
I think Ice T raised valid points in his first vid, the same points that all of us raised on this site in fact in some soulja thread.

Long live the T! lol
ima give soulja 1/2 point for the playing a cop on TV comment tho. lol

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I've come to the conclusion that the "Souldja Boy" music isn't meant to be liked and understood by OG's because the music isn't made for or marketed to the older crowd...this shit is for the kids so I'ma try to stop bashing it.

LOL yea me too, Im with ya there..

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i still give ice the respect and i agree wit him 1000 percent,,

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
To me both they music was wack. Ice T was wack to me back inthe day. Souldja Boy wack now...they both cut from the same cloth. This is def an PR stunt. I was laughing at all that shit...the wack dissin the wack. "The chickens are coming home to roost"

itz a new age for music us producers r gettin older on the music we grew up on

T

The Arkitekt

lmao ice-t's son at the end was wack, but on topic, u can't go at a 17 year old when u that old, and about hurricane chris and souljah boy wit there garbage ass music, i honestly dont care bout it, i dont listen to the radio anyway, wack music makes good music that much better, like the saying "no joy without pain"