Soundcard NEEDED ASAP!!

Q

QuadoDuece

What's up... my roommate fried my soundcard on my computer so beats have come to a standstill... he said he'd replace it but I'm not sure what to get now. I've been doing a bunch of research but I still not sure. I had a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, but I'm looking to upgrade to a newer card... anyone got any good advice??? I'm trying to stay around $200-250.

HELP!

here is a sample of what I was makin' with my old sound card...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Figured this was a good time to plug my sale - go here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21425

I got a EMU 1820 is pristine condition with original packaging in flawless condition....Originally copped it for 430.00.
Get at me if yer interested and ill send you some pics.

Rackoon

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I would suggest anything else than a non-pro consumer soundcard.....
I have a emu 1212M and very happy with it but I should of bought something with more I/O..

RME also have a good reputation...

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I've got the KRK 5's and the 10S... the sub knocks incredibly~ Creates the sound exactly how it should sound or even better than in a nice car system.

Monitors are very important, just make sure you stay consistent with your sound. I also recommend the Senheisser HD 280 headphones... (about 100 dollars). Going in and out between those and the monitors provide a consistent, accurate and professional sound in my opinion!

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you're lookin to cop a soundcard, hold on to that money. you'll be best off coppin a firewire audio interface, as they'll allow you to patch into not only speakers/headphones through your 1/8 or 1/4 inch TRS from it, but also have the option to go digital for your output. on top of that an interface will include xlr inputs for your microphones. if you're looking to go budget i might recommend the M-Audio firewire solo, or if you have a bit more the firewire 410 for the ins and outs.
the solo usually goes for around 100 on ebay, and the 410 is anywhere between 200-499 depending on the seller.
hope that helps, good luck!