Soundcard+Seq... Mbox2 worth it?

Y

yeluhz strongs

Hey, I just got myself a mpc1000, now i'm looking for a soundcard and a software sequencer...

Is the Mbox2 worth it? Since it comes with both, or should I buy something like the M-Audio Firewire audiophile and a version of Cubase?

Any recommendations for a guy getting into hardware production?

Thanks (I looked through some archives but didn't really give me a straight answer, seemed to go off topic a lot lol)

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I wouldn't go the Mbox route due to the fact that it only has 2 in's. Deff don't get the old M box as it only has 2 ins and no midi. The Pro tools M powerd route is the way to go if you are gonna do pro tools. You can get one of the interfaces with multiple IN's and a copy of pro tools M powerd.

Y

yeluhz strongs

thanks, n e suggestions on which brand/model interface with multiple IN's??

EvRy1~MaN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Same problem

I had the same problem with my 2kxl wit the 8-outputs,I was trying to get a audio interface with atleast 4 inputs plus a few extras that connected via firwire and didn't burn a whole in my pocket! lol

I guess I might go wit pro tools,but I'm gonna have to get a job now :(

T

The Bastard

all u guys gotta do is buy a mixer with however many channels u want on it and route the output the the mboxs input, i wouldnt say ni to the mbox just cuz it only has 2 inputs, with a mixer in the chain u can have 100 inputs. and i also hear that the m powered pro tools aint as good as the version that comes wit mbox