Soundclick

A

AllCityHustle

Is it just me or do 90% of beats from SoundClick sound like they were produced by the same person?

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I guess that's what happens when 90% of it's members are trying to produce what they see as hot at the moment instead of trying for something a lil different. Once one of them gets discouraged and quits there are 3 more to take their spot who were all sold a dream and a lifestyle.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I guess that's what happens when 90% of it's members are trying to produce what they see as hot at the moment instead of trying for something a lil different. Once one of them gets discouraged and quits there are 3 more to take their spot who were all sold a dream and a lifestyle.

couldnt have said it better myself!

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Most of the beats on there lack any soul. They sound heartless.

Also, are their really emcee's that go looking for "imitation kanye, neptunes, 50 cent" beats.

I saw one kat hyping his beat by saying it sounds just like Eminem's beats. Ha!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^^ lol ....... u wonder whats the point of making music to be begin with if all cats do is blantantly jack other producers styles... i just cant fuc wit that site lol .... there are some cats with heat on there , but mostly its people who started making beats last month and rappers that wear sandals lmao.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ash Holmz; said:
^^^^ lol ....... u wonder whats the point of making music to be begin with if all cats do is blantantly jack other producers styles... i just cant fuc wit that site lol .... there are some cats with heat on there , but mostly its people who started making beats last month and rappers that wear sandals lmao.

Agreed , I only use that site as a more stable platform then myspace to showcase finished songs.The player is better.
I really havent been impressed by much there unless they came from people off of this site.
like Iceman and others.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
IMO, I think Soundclick will be coming to an end soon, as well as MySpace for posting beats. Years ago MP3.com was the shit then it got tired, now Soundclick is on its way out, etc. There's always something better popping up, but really I don't understand why people would use sites like Soundclick or MySpace to post their music for people to check out. It's okay if you're just using those sites as a way to store your beats, but using them as your main page on the web is ridiculous.

To be professional you must act professional, and those sites is not the way. If you can't afford to make your own site or pay someone to make a site for you, then how professional are you?

I didn't mean to get off topic, but I had to vent.

As for the question, I don't know because I don't check Soundclick. ^^See above.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
shiiiit. you make your whole career with your mouse.

*click click click* make a beat

*click click click* post a beat

and that's your career.

but basically everyone sounds the same cause everyone wants to sound like somebody already hot. knowing damn well that person isnt gonna be hot forever.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
If you can't afford to make your own site or pay someone to make a site for you, then how professional are you?

As for the question, I don't know because I don't check Soundclick. ^^See above.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this, cause I dont think having money have anything to do with being or acting professional...I truly believe these sites give the average musician a chance to be heard....I can barley afford the two dollars for my V.I.P. account, so building my own site is outta the question, but I don't think it makes me un professional to use myspace as a tool for promotion. I've seen a couple guys get radio play from having a myspace account. That was their only resource and they took full advantage of it. It's kinda like saying it's un professional to record an album outta your bedroom, cause its not in the studio...As long as you uphold yourself correct, than I don't think you need your own site.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this, cause I dont think having money have anything to do with being or acting professional...I truly believe these sites give the average musician a chance to be heard....I can barley afford the two dollars for my V.I.P. account, so building my own site is outta the question, but I don't think it makes me un professional to use myspace as a tool for promotion. I've seen a couple guys get radio play from having a myspace account. That was their only resource and they took full advantage of it. It's kinda like saying it's un professional to record an album outta your bedroom, cause its not in the studio...As long as you uphold yourself correct, than I don't think you need your own site.

I agree with you. What I meant though was for people that want to take it a step further and get their own site but then can't afford it, that's all (from my own experience) :(

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
i have two free sites on of which i might turn into my main site via paid sub. but the problem is gettin' sufficent traffic to your site. i can count on one hand the amount of times i've been to a major or indie artist personal site and i'm not even addicted to my'crack'space, just not that interested plus i can't stand all the flash and scripting. many on both sides will tell you that it's the only way or that it's dead. don't know either way but a personal site can't hurt.

i've been contemplating soundclick but i just don't like the look and i can't add yet another place where i have to beggy beggy for attention and 'friends' or pay for the right to be featured. but never say never.

as far as the music and the much too generic sound of all the genres, sheer amount of members dictate that. if i started a site and only allowed certain kind of beats and music after a while even my site would end up sounding generic so it's something that can't be avoided.

for now i'll stick with myspace, reverbnation, pmp (for as long as i can justify it), dynamic producers (even though for some reason i can't access the forums), and my 2 sites (one of which gives me unlimited subdomains)

airbk24

ill o.g.
yo, well if yall really feel this way, i may provide some hope for the producers on there who dont sound like everybody else. im reppin the other 10%. Check me at soundclick.com/bkdaproducer

T

TheMost

IMO, I think Soundclick will be coming to an end soon, as well as MySpace for posting beats. Years ago MP3.com was the shit then it got tired, now Soundclick is on its way out, etc. There's always something better popping up, but really I don't understand why people would use sites like Soundclick or MySpace to post their music for people to check out. It's okay if you're just using those sites as a way to store your beats, but using them as your main page on the web is ridiculous.

To be professional you must act professional, and those sites is not the way. If you can't afford to make your own site or pay someone to make a site for you, then how professional are you?

I agree with what you say. Its gotta be professional. At the same time building a site can be expensive too. Myspace and soundclick is a easy way to link up to people. I heard these cats i forgte there names now but Cam was going on myspace found them and took some of there beats. THe 3 dudes worked togther but dint live in the same city they were all from different states.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i dunno you can get good traffic on myspace

im get like about 200 plays a day at the mo

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i like myspace .. ... cuz it has people on it that dont make music ... on soundclick evryone that visits ur page is pretty much a wannabee producer or rapper ... and really im past the point where i could give a fuc they think .. mypace lets u connect with regualr cats as well as music people so its a better look imo

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i like myspace .. ... cuz it has people on it that dont make music ... on soundclick evryone that visits ur page is pretty much a wannabee producer or rapper ... and really im past the point where i could give a fuc they think .. mypace lets u connect with regualr cats as well as music people so its a better look imo

i agree with this...

the top of the on soundclick are saturated with the same thing because that is what the average lame rapper that has a radioshack mic and a CPU wants... You know whats going on right now.. MP3.com was the same way...

members online