Soundcloud in 2020

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
Anyone else think it's spammy as heck?

Other than forums like this, YouTube and Reddit, where else is there to place music?
Not Sure If This Is A Help Hipstrumentals Datpiff Audiomack Bandcamp ,Brapp Had A Good Concept They Shut Down The Site Last Month But I Think They Still Have A Group On FB
& There Are a Few Blogs & Internet Radio Stations That Accept Submissions

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
I've never got along with SoundCloud, Id uplaod my tracks on their but never tried to use it or ever really go on there.
Its even worse now, it's useful to uplaod something quick to share the link privately.

YouTube is the best IMO

MayaWalker

I still think SoundCloud is good, its literally millions of active users on there still.. That should be a good thing?

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I still think SoundCloud is good, its literally millions of active users on there still.. That should be a good thing?

What benefit does a beat maker or producer get from it these days that they can't get from YouTube? IMO, they seem to only care about subscribers to their platform without introducing hardly any new features or benefits to its users.

In my experience most of those "active users" are bots trying to sell fake promotion.
Im also seeing people saying that you have to pay for a pro account to get heard on soundcloud, since they hit monetary problems and there was talking of the site collapsing its only gone further down hill.

Facts, the bots destroyed Soundcloud. Spam is destroying Linkedin too but that's another topic.

I do like SC because of it's super quick uploading, but the upload limit, and the amount you pay for a membership makes no sense really considering YouTube is free.

Audio commercials are annoying as well, especially when they're a full 30 seconds.

SoundCloud is a bit like Google +, I get that they have tons of users but its not really organized well. And they got rid of the groups which was strange. It's almost like they're just trying to fail.

I know Datpiff is ok, and audiomack works. Im just trying to expand my reach without wasting my time... welp back to YouTube

Also I hate Vimeo

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Why @slimegreenbeats do you say I'm a legend? If so, I'll tilt my crown to that! What happened to the team?

SoundCloud is a bit like Google +, I get that they have tons of users but its not really organized well. And they got rid of the groups which was strange. It's almost like they're just trying to fail.
Myspace did exactly the same thing, closed down the forum and it became a ghost town.
Almost like they took money from somebody to fail and pave the way for facebook to dominate peoples lives. But Im just a crazy conspiracy theorist, dont mind me

sorry misunderstood, thought they might have had some communication groups or something that I was unaware of. took me years to find out FB had them

Myspace did exactly the same thing, closed down the forum and it became a ghost town.
Almost like they took money from somebody to fail and pave the way for facebook to dominate peoples lives. But Im just a crazy conspiracy theorist, dont mind me

sorry misunderstood, thought they might have had some communication groups or something that I was unaware of. took me years to find out FB had them
Facebook has them? omg thanks lol

Facebook has them? omg thanks lol
Not the type of group I think you was talking about, just places to spam your latest hot beat or song to, its all facebook is any good for anymore. Not that its even that great

I've heard so much about Distrokid lately, I definately need to check it out. Does it work for just beats?
it works for whatever you like, as long as you own the rights but i think you are more likely to sell songs than beats, but you could do some beat ep's or albums, mine and Memento's album is an instrumental album. You cant really use it to sell beats to rappers, thats best done through networking really, and thats a grind of its own. But once its up on spotify at least people have a place to check out your music. I also use soundcloud for a quick upload, and youtube, after Ive made a quick video for it.
Im still on reverbnation but havent used them for years, but they are always sending me opportunities by email.

it works for whatever you like, as long as you own the rights but i think you are more likely to sell songs than beats, but you could do some beat ep's or albums, mine and Memento's album is an instrumental album. You cant really use it to sell beats to rappers, thats best done through networking really, and thats a grind of its own. But once its up on spotify at least people have a place to check out your music. I also use soundcloud for a quick upload, and youtube, after Ive made a quick video for it.
Im still on reverbnation but havent used them for years, but they are always sending me opportunities by email.
Glad to see ReverbNation is still fighting.

I pretty much do the same thing you're doing.

I might give Distrokid a try with just beats but like you said it sounds like its better for songs. I will ponder its usage though..

I'm just trying to find that balence of 'am I wasting my time?'... that's the only reason I like SC because it's quick. I like YouTube because the ROI is high. I might try uploading to Facebook but Ill give it some time before I venture back after today experience lol

Glad to see ReverbNation is still fighting.

I pretty much do the same thing you're doing.

I might give Distrokid a try with just beats but like you said it sounds like its better for songs. I will ponder its usage though..

I'm just trying to find that balence of 'am I wasting my time?'... that's the only reason I like SC because it's quick. I like YouTube because the ROI is high. I might try uploading to Facebook but Ill give it some time before I venture back after today experience lol
Yeah, I agree about youtube, its probably the best platform if you want to be heard and to build up a fan base.

Ive noticed that tutorial videos for music production are very popular on youtube and bring in the traffic. If that sort of thing interests you. Doesnt really interest me, I have trouble getting enough time to do what I do as it is.

I won FL Studio in the last battle that and hardly know what Im doing in it, going to be watching a few of your videos

Last edited:

members online

No members online now.