Soundforge ".sfk" file help,,,

bisit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think it's the file that stores the actual .wav display data, like peaks and stuff, you can change it not to save them in the preference menu

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's like with Audition, same thing. I think there's an option to not save that file when you save a project, but I could be wrong.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yea what bisit said, it just saves the peaks so that it loads instantly.... just delete em, thats what i do....

Obsidian Blue

Igneous
ill o.g.
In sound forge 6.0, all you do is go to options, preferences, go to the "file" tab, and click "delete temporary files on close".

In Sound Forge 7.0 & 8.0, all you do is go to options, preferences, click the "general "tab, and look for "delete temporary files on close" and click the box.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Obsidian Blue said:
In sound forge 6.0, all you do is go to options, preferences, go to the "file" tab, and click "delete temporary files on close".

In Sound Forge 7.0 & 8.0, all you do is go to options, preferences, click the "general "tab, and look for "delete temporary files on close" and click the box.

......thank you,,,,,this was something my lazy ass never bothered to figure out since SF 4,,,,,I am eternally in your debt.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah good lookin, it was getting very tedious deleting them all

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Those sfk files store markers/regions information of the wav file. I dont delete them, I actualy save them to a seperate sample folder so I can load them into FL slicer which reads the sfk file so it will set those regions directly to slices (assigned to notes). Either you cut loops in sf, extract them seperately and load them up one by one in your sampler or like I mentioned, load the whole track up in slicer and play right away.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well, if you think you wont ever need to recall the markers and/or other info then you're cool, I however just keep em considering the small size of the file and the fact that I do runn into occasions where I wished I had cut a slice differently whixh makes it easier when you still have the sfk.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I think u shud keep that cuz thas ur actualy data of the audio i wudnt delete it..

members online