SP-404- Beginner tool?

f1ndforty

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I can second that. I have one! It's some pimp shit, very easy for the beginner and has a lot of options for vets. Another attractive feature (for me) is that you can pop 6 AA batteries in that bitch and have yourself a portable powerhouse sampler on the go. Supports up to a gig of flash memory as well. good buy you should def get one. lotta bang for your buck. or if you want look into a korg er-1 you can go crazy w/ that thing im about to get one next.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Aight; thanks for the advice.

Something I had in mind as a portable beatmaking solution is an SP-404, an iPod, and a Gemini ikey.

What I was thinking was to store my samples on the iPod and transfer them to my SP-404 to use- then record the final songs into the iPod using the ikey.

What do y'all think of this idea?

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Not a bad idea but da SP-404 is def great for when u out and u hear a sound or somethin u def wanna sample. Whip dat bad boy out and your sample is gettin recorded. You might even be able to take it to your diggin place and sample a few licks from a record. You gotta let yo imagination run wild wit dat boo.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That's what I was thinking. I hear the most amazing sounds (Anyone here been on the DC Metro? I LOVE that braking sound it has) on a daily basis and I figured that the SP-404 would let me sample them. I thought it'd work well with a PT-01 (which I'm getting in about a week) as well- 'cause it'd let me sample AT the record store.

Thanks for the ideas- this is turning into a REALLY informative thread.

T

The Bastard

im selling one, its in the for sale section of this site

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Since the bid is rising and is now close to the price of a new one, I probably won't buy one from your auction but thanks anyway,

The Deen