sp1200

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Thinking about getting one of these eventually.....I know they are hard to find and pretty expensive but I have heard its worth it. Any of you guys use it??? Is it worth it??? Ill be planning to use this along with an mpc and midi keyboard. Heard it does wonders for drums

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I had an SP12 that was my first real sampler and SP1200....both sold to old members on here at some point,,,,,my man drumatic in Philly and a kid named knowts out in Cali....both VERY dope producers...they arent here anymore...but another sp1200 user was fatsdowrong....main thing about the machine is how you either do your mixing etc.....you need to have a good grip on the engineering to make it sound REALLY good...but some call the box the cornerstone of hip hop....my power supply went out once and it cost me a lot.....there are two versions one is a sort of greyish color I cant explain.....and then a newer one that is black...they fixed the issues with the power supply in the newer version..it uses integrated circuts for the supply not a built into the board supply.....anyhow if you are a collector or just want to add to your production I would look at getting one.......but if you just want to make beats on there its cool but most people I know will usually get an mpc eventually and not use the sp as much.....

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I could never get rid of mine. I use it on every track. Sometimes just as an effect, but drums are the sickest. I use it in conjuction with an eps-16+ and software sequencers. I slave it to whatever I need to . The sequencer is tight on it as well. I used the 1200 by itself for about 2 years. Some of those beats are still my favs. A multi channel sound card is a must.