speed up/slow down an acapella in fl

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i need to slow down an acapella in fl studio, i read a tutorial once but cant remember where ... i know u can lock the acapella to the original tempo and slow it down or speed it up without loosing the original pitch ... can anyone help?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
i need to slow down an acapella in fl studio, i read a tutorial once but cant remember where ... i know u can lock the acapella to the original tempo and slow it down or speed it up without loosing the original pitch ... can anyone help?

Yeah, click on your accapellas tab in the Pattern window and your Channel Settings window opens. On the SMP tab (usually the default window that opens) look just below half way down and you will see Time Stretching. You will see PITCH, MUL, TIME and a dropdown usually showing Resample or Auto. Change that to Tonal (that keeps the original pitch of the sample). Then to change the speed, manually adjust the MUL button. Turning it to the left speeds up the sample, right slows it down. Good luck.

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks dacalion ... worked perfectly ....

LexOfNP

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Great Post... I didn't even know that was possible in FL Studio. I was using ProTools to do that and bringing it back into FL. Good Lookin out!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Great Post... I didn't even know that was possible in FL Studio. I was using ProTools to do that and bringing it back into FL. Good Lookin out!

Yeah. Been that. I did my remix of "Stand Up" by Ludacris using FL about 2 years ago.

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah ... is there anything really that cant be done in FL studio?

members online