Speed up your music production by using a workflow

1548184221084.png

Hi,
I have made this blogpost about my music production workflow. I use this to have a goal when I am making beats, or just producing music in general.
The blog post explains each step of the workflow in detail. It also includes tips for idea generation, mixing and mastering.

--The process of making a beat from start to finish can be a complex task. There are so many different roles that we need to be in. Some of these roles don’t work well together. We have to be creative, critical and engineers at the same time. But is it really the best thing to be creative and critical at the same time? In this post, I will explain my music production workflow from start to finish. After reading this post, you will hopefully have a clearer vision of when to do what.--

Music production workflow - Speed up your music making!

Check it out and leave a comment.

Do you already have a workflow that you trust?
Share it.
What is your workflow?

All the best
itsContraBeat​

Thats nice man ... but its not a good idea to use this , its not your fault though, this flowchart is just showing us what we're doing while beatmaking in a better way. But the whole thing we're doing is wrong, i mean what do you think beethoven would've said if he saw this ? We make too many beats and we kinda forgot to use our feelings while making them ... you know ? they are becoming lifeless.

Thats nice man ... but its not a good idea to use this , its not your fault though, this flowchart is just showing us what we're doing while beatmaking in a better way. But the whole thing we're doing is wrong, i mean what do you think beethoven would've said if he saw this ? We make too many beats and we kinda forgot to use our feelings while making them ... you know ? they are becoming lifeless.

Hi ArvinArmani,
thank you for your comment. This Is not meant to be something you should follow with your eyes closed. It is meant to help people who feel that they are stuck with their tracks and don’t know how to finish them. In My opinion the workflow does the opposite of making you not use your feelings when making music. It separates the creative process where the feelings are indeed used, from the mixing and mastering process. Not to say that one does not use feelings when mixing and mastering. But I have found that the creative process moves much faster and gets more complex when I am able to only focus on this. All music making is a matter of taste and no method right or wrong, the only Thing that matter is the result you get.

Again thank you for the comment.

All the Best

hoyt

Audio Magician
Battle Points: 1
This is a pretty good workflow bro, glad i'm not the only one who has my own. I do find that you have mapped out even your mixing process but I usually keep that part more open as I may not use some things in some tracks versus when I may need to use mixing techniques. This is fire nonetheless. What did you use to make the chart?

This is a pretty good workflow bro, glad i'm not the only one who has my own. I do find that you have mapped out even your mixing process but I usually keep that part more open as I may not use some things in some tracks versus when I may need to use mixing techniques. This is fire nonetheless. What did you use to make the chart?

Hi hoyt
thank you for the comment. I used adobe illustrator to draw the workflow.

members online